Serendipity

"Have you noticed them following us too?"

"It's so weird. They're like professional stalkers."

"I could agree with that buuuuut... " Yeji pressed her fingers against Ryujin's chin, tilting her head. "I might know a way to send them off."

"Oh yeah? What is it?"

Ryujin caught on, so Yeji didn't provide much of a verbal answer. Instead, she inched forward, giving the youngest a sweet kiss. Ryujin felt satisfied, content. At least, she did until both of them heard a thump nearby.

"After you pulled that stunt with Yuna and Jiu, I had a feeling one of them might do that." Yeji picked up the shoe, examined it closely. She wouldn't know had she not been at her best friends house often enough. "I think it's Lia's."

"So what? It missed— "

PING!

"Ugh." Ryujin's phone chimed so she sighed and paused her speech, fishing her device out of her pocket to check who interrupted her. She wasn't at all shocked to see that it was none other than the girl in question. "Lia said, and I quote, 'NOT IN FRONT OF THE FUCKING BABY!'" Ryujin frowned and tossed her phone to the side after clicking the power button. "That's ridiculous. Nobody told them to stalk us."

"Maybe we should leave now anyways."

"But I was enjoying thisssss."

"We can visit the park some other time. We don't want the leftovers to go bad."

Yeji motioned for Ryujin to help gather their things. They settled everything back into the basket and tossed anything disposable into the trash. Ryujin tossed the bag into the closest garbage bin and happily seized her girlfriend's hand with her own, swaying it back and forth. She loved it, the sound of nature on a walk, reminding herself to do this more often in the future.

"Oh! We also have to check up on Byulie and Dallie."

The young Shin wiggled her brows teasingly. "You mean OUR kids?"

"Yeah, yeah. Our kids." Yeji shook her head softly, unable to hide how much she enjoyed the tease. The thought of them having a family of their own together was both scary and exciting. She stayed quiet, thoughts surrounding a potential future on the way to the kittens.

But Ryujin wanted to interact. "Is there something you want to listen to?"

"Actually..." The brunette grinned. "Don't look."

"Oookay..." Yeji leaned over and rested her left elbow on the middle compartment as she started poking at the phone in her girlfriend's hands. Unbeknownst to her, Ryujin's curiosity only spiked when she was directed to avert her eyes, therefore, averting them was the opposite of what she did, and it didn't help that Yeji left the phone in her hand instead of taking it. So she took a few glances as the latter typed. "Oh, isn't that the group that released their comeback album the other day?"

"Hey! I said DON'T look!" Yeji covered the girl's eyes and snatched the phone from her hand.

"I NEED TO SEE THE ROAD!" Ryujin tilted her head up and bit her girlfriend's hand, making Yeji flinch instantly.