Feelings

"Having fun?"

"Yeah, I'm glad I tagged along." Yeji offers Yeonjun a warm smile. For a little while now, she has been able to focus solely on her 'date' and his friends. Honestly, they're an entertaining crowd to be around. So far, she has thoroughly enjoyed their company.

Yeonjun boldly moves a step closer, and if that wasn't risky enough, he dares to take the brunette's hands in his own. It's somewhat forced, rushed as if he thought she might hesitate, but it's also gentle. He's motivated, has discreetly eyed Yeji from time to time when she wasn't looking in his direction. Needless to say, his confidence is completely derived from how often she's smiled tonight.

Little does he know that half of those bright and cheery gleams on her face were the result of watching a particular Shin whenever she was nearby.

"Yeji, I think you know by now that I really like you." He deliberates, focuses on wording his thoughts in the best way. "You and I seem to get along, and I think I speak for both of us when I say we had fun tonight, even if it didn't go as planned. So... is there any chance I can take you on a, well, proper date? Just the two of us?"

She stares at him, eyes wide, response delayed due to a moment of shock. She's never really been asked out before, nor has anyone revealed their interest so profoundly. How is she supposed to respond to him? Sure he's been sweet, and his friends are cool, but she can't lie and claim her eyes haven't been trained on an old friend who's been wandering around in the same building.

"Quit flirting for a second. You still owe me that match."

Her daze is broken, thoughts interrupted because of one of the boys who appear to be as competitive as Yeonjun is. The same guy places his hand on Yeonjun's shoulder, hurriedly tugs him backward. As he's dragged along, Yeonjun wriggles around for the upper hand, causing Yeji to giggle at what looks like such a typical roughhousing between two guys. As amusing as it was, they seemed to be off, so she turns back to the three girls talking behind her. For a moment, she was relieved, calm now that she has the time to think his question through.

But it was brief. Suddenly, the athletic boy was in front of her again, startling Yeji to the point she jumped.

"Think about it." He quickly presses a kiss on her cheek before hurrying to his friend, completely vanishing behind the other machines. It was a rushed kiss, so much that he nearly pecked her lips. Yeji felt her cheeks heat up, confused with the intimate encounter she had just had undergone. Whether she liked it or not was up for debate. She's more flustered than anything, and not necessarily in the best way.

"Oh my god!" The girls exclaim in unison, swarming around Yeji, eager to pry.

"Did you two just kiss?!"

"I thought you weren't a thing?"

"That was so cute!"

The trio continues on with their reactions, probably as shocked as the brunette herself, and thanks to their questions, specifically the first one, Yeji can't help but wonder if it resembled an actual kiss. Apparently, from someone's angle it had. It was unexpected, and she didn't exactly hate it. As a matter of fact, it only prompted her to imagine what it might feel like if she genuinely had feelings for him. With those two thoughts combined, her brows furrow, a certain someone coming to mind directly after. Though she didn't understand why, she was now questioning if another had seen it, immediately making her want to search for Ryujin.

'Why do I care?'

The answer is yes, though. The individual those cat-eyes were restlessly searching for had most definitely caught what happened, and maybe it'd hurt less if that cursed angle was nonexistent because she misinterpreted the scene entirely.