Ryeji

Both girls are now in the car, driving to Ryujin's home as planned earlier today. However, this ride differed from the previous one. There was no music playing in the background, no chitchatting happily with knowledge of their ability to spend time together. There was no innocent flirting or talk of what they might eat for dinner together. There's nothing aside from the sound of the tires against the pavement, and Ryujin's mind is racing as fast as the wheels are spinning. Her thoughts are loud, so much that she's afraid they're audible. She doesn't want to be mad, and she doesn't want to come across as the overly jealous type, either...

But how is she supposed to deal with somebody so insistent? Never did she think someone's existence could frustrate her to this extent. She wants— no, needs Yeonjun to quit his antics and lay off. She doesn't know exactly what Yeji told him, didn't see the need to ask. Regardless, if there's any more of his attempts after what Yeji said today, then she wouldn't understand where his head is at. The only reasonable explanation is that Yeji's giving him hope on the sidelines, except that's surely not what's happening.

Yeji wouldn't do that. Yeji's not that type of person.

Yeah.

Ryujin makes an effort to shut out her crippling thoughts of self-doubt right there. Even if it seems impossible... even if it feels too surreal... it IS real. It has to be. Yeji's feelings for her are just as real as hers are for Yeji. That's what she continues to remind herself.

While the driver is busy trying to confine her annoyance and control her unwanted thoughts, Yeji considers her options. She doesn't think he'll approach her after this afternoon, but then again, she had similar thoughts after rejecting him the night of Ryujin's game. What more is there to say?

'What more can I do?' During their drive, the brunette often glances at the other, hoping she'll coincidentally look back.

That doesn't happen.

Yeji contemplates what's running through the blue-haired girl's mind, unsure of what she might be thinking. She believes she has a good guess, desperately wants to be sure, though. She doesn't like that there's been a wall of silence between them for the past fifteen minutes because of some guy who's been butting in unannounced. Their relationship just started yet there have been numerous roadblocks. It's not fair. She wants to aid the athlete's conflictions but she doesn't know what's bothering Ryujin the most yet because not a word has been said.

Nearing the house now, Yeji grows tired of the silence. She fears the latter may be undergoing some harsh thoughts. Although she doesn't want the risk that comes with bringing it up and possibly making it worse, she doesn't prefer to leave Ryujin trapped in her mind. Through past experience, Yeji figures Ryujin would be the type to keep this to herself if it means avoiding issues, no matter how it makes her feel.

Ryujin sighs while removing the keys, leans back in her seat with her eyes closed, fingers lightly pressing against her forehead.

"Ryujin?"

No answer.

The oldest resorts to physical touch. She opens the passenger door and exits, walking to the other side of the car. She opens the driver's door and grabs Ryujin's hand to guide her out before shutting the door behind her, then wrapping her arms around her securely. Without words, she hopes the comfort is felt.

"What's this?" Ryujin whispers. Though she adores the action, she's a little confused by the sudden affection.

"You know I'm yours, right?"