Questions

Yeji wakes up bright and early to the feeling of slow, steady breaths against her face. It takes a minute to fully open her eyes, and her body nearly jerks back at the sight in front of her, though a beautiful view, if she were to be honest. Her memory kicked in full gear, recalling how she spent the night at Chaeryeong's house. Part of her is happy to see Ryujin is still here, that the athlete hasn't left yet. Maybe they'll have a chance to talk before she goes?

That's just one of many thoughts in her brain, though. The rest consist of Yeji admiring the female's features, some she might have not noticed before. She considers it a blessing to witness someone in their most peaceful state, and because she deems it as such, her cat-eyes trace every inch of the athlete's face. Yeji imagines what it might be like if Ryujin had her eyes open, to see that rich, dark chocolate color up close. It's no wonder why the younger girl attracts the attention of many others. She's absolutely beautiful from any angle.

At the moment, Ryujin's hair is covering a corner of her face. Yeji has this desire to reach over and, with her fingers, gently swipe the pink strands out of the way. It's an urge she doesn't quite understand, not one she's ever felt before. Then again, it's not like she's knowingly stared at someone while they were asleep, either. This is entirely new.

Regardless, the thought cues her nerves to act forcefully, sends her into full-on panic mode. Too scared to look down, she's aware of where her right arm is resting, snaked around the latter's waist. Yeji worries that Ryujin might hear the sharp change in the beat of her heart's rhythm, or worse, feel her rapid and unstable breathing. Speaking of breathing, her mind rewinds, now notices the tickling sensation of Ryujin's breath against her face. It leaves her cheeks flushed, eyes wide at the fluttering feeling in her stomach.

'What's wrong with me all of a sudden?'

Ryujin's breathing hitches at the sound of an alarm, and, swiftly, Yeji retracts her arm from its current position, places both hands under her head. She would've faced the other way if she had enough time, but settles with shutting her eyes tight as she hears the door open, followed by some footsteps. She can feel Ryujin shuffle around in the bed, accompanied by a thump against the sound of, well, what she thinks is wood?

Her guess is correct. Due to their closeness, Ryujin panics as well. She slaps her head against the bottom of Chaeryeong's bed, and, as if on cue, Chaeryeong and Yuna walk in just in time to see it happen.

"Someone's finally awake." The young Lee teases instantly, grinning at the sight of her best friend gay-panicking. It's rare, always hilarious.

"Why are you two— " There's a brief pause where Ryujin briefly points at Yuna. "Actually, you I understand, but Chaeryeong, why are you awake?"

"Because I have to be awake before my guests."

"Sure... " Ryujin shrugs before moving to the bathroom to freshen up, hopes to evade any further teasing. When she returns, Yuna takes her place, and she almost regrets coming back, supposes she should've have known Chaereyong wouldn't pass up on a chance to mess with her.

"So... Y'all look cute together."

"Shush! She's literally right there." Ryujin says with a whisper, tries not to yell, but it's unknowingly useless. Yeji still isn't sleeping, and because she can't fall back asleep, she can hear everything that's said.

Before the bickering could end so she can listen some more, Yeji hears Yuna walk in and ask Ryujin if she's sick. The athlete says no and, soon after, both Shins leave to school. Because the door shut, Yeji believes no one awake is present in the room, assumes that she and Lia are the only two.

Thinking she's in the clear, she opens her eyes and sits up in bed, but she is proven wrong rather quickly. "Oh, you're awake. Good."

"Good?"