Not Okay (Pt.3)

Earlier today Chaeryeong let Hyunjin and Heejin know about Yiren's awareness. She mentioned her success in keeping Yiren quiet, but also assumed it wouldn't be for long.

In the present, Heejin was with Hyunjin. The couple contemplated ways to trap Jiu into a confession as they played a game of jenga.

"Should I pull this one?"

Hyunjin narrowed her eyes at the wooden tower. "No, that one."

"This one?"

"I said that one."

"You're pointing at a different one each time."

"Just pull one, Heekie."

"Okay, okay."

Hyunjin peered around her to see the mission written on one of its sides. "What does it say?"

"To hug your partner warmly."

After Heejin placed the block she took on top of the stack, Hyunjin patiently waited for a while, expecting her girlfriend to hug her but never receiving it. "When will you hug me?"

Heejin didn't respond. She merely scooted back and then faced her partner, opening her arms and wrapping them around her with an awkward smile.

"Why are you being so awkward?"

...

"Weirdo." She shook out of her arms and chuckled, proceeding to pull a block out as it is her turn now.

"So what are we going to do about them? Should I like, I don't know, report to Jiu?"

"Report?"

"Since Yiren is important to Yuna, should I tell her she knows?"

Hyunjin looked at her peculiarly. "Why should we give her any information? She hasn't even told you anything yet."

"But don't you think that just might be the reason?" She saw Hyunjin continue to pull a block and stopped her hand, wanting her undivided attention. "She probably needs to trust me again. Wouldn't this help?"

Heejin knew she needed to do more because Jiu wasn't letting her in on any details or any plans. Little did they know Jiu no longer saw a reason to include anyone anymore. She was done.

After some protesting, Hyunjin finally gave in to the idea. Heejin wondered if they could get the girl to accidentally confess over the phone. So, Hyunjin took out her phone, ready to record the conversation.

"Hopefully this works." She thought.

"Hello?"

Hyunjin nodded at Heejin, urging her to speak. Truth be told, Heejin didn't know how to start the conversation. I'm the end, she decided to get straight to the point. "Hey, I have something to tell you."

"Okay?"

"You don't sound very eager to know."

"Just get it over with."

"Someone's cranky."

"I really don't feel like speaking to anyone right now."

"Why?"

"Heejin... what did you want to tell me?"

Jiu wasn't that dumb. She made sure to be very direct and evasive of words that could get her caught. And on her mind was a girl she grew way too fond of for her own good.