Game Day

Ryujin spent her weekend with the Shins since her parents were gone for so long. Though they really wanted to spend time together, even so after their little date, Ryujin knew she should devote her time to her family too.

Now that it was the new week, that meant it was game day. The game had been rescheduled several times so anybody could conclude the team was happy they finally had a set day for it.

Ryujin herself was more than eager to play. Sure, it may sound dumb to some, but she suddenly desired to impress Yeji, determined to show off her talent for the sport. Because of this, she practiced hard during the team's morning practices over the weekend in order to prepare for it. Her dad, despite having absolutely no knowledge of the sport's rules, even helped her practice.

Unlike last week, today was different when they arrived on campus. The couple showed up separately. Yeji walked alongside Chaeryeong, having spent the previous day working on their math homework. Their teacher had given an unbearable amount of work to complete before Monday. Not that Yeji minded the workload, though, considering it forced her to think less.

"How is she doing?"

"I'm not sure but I know she's holding back her emotions." Yeji glanced at her feet as they walked. She felt like she had a similar feeling to Ryujin's, yet their feelings were incomparable. "I don't know what to do. Despite all that's happening, she's choosing to push through it on her own."

"Does it worry you?"

"Of course." Her head sunk. "It's kept me up the past couple of nights."

"I'm sure she'll come to you when she's ready."

"That's the thing. Though it seems a bit selfish, I want her to come to me about it already." Yeji sighed. She wanted Ryujin to know she can always come to her about these sort of things, rather than avoiding the topic until she couldn't bear it anymore.

"Hey, Chaeryeong! Yeji!"

Down a few doors from their first class, the girls were tackled into a group hug, initiated forcefully by Yuna, who was more peppy than usual today.

"Someone seems a bit too happy."

"Guess what!" Before getting a chance to answer, she continued on. "I got asked to the dance that's this Saturday!"

Chaeryeong couldn't believe her ears. "No way! By who?"

"That's a secret." Yuna placed her finger over her mouth with a smirk...

An expression that quickly faded.

"SHIN YUNA!" Caught off guard by an angry Lia, the two were startled and watched as she turned the corner and stormed down the hall. "I said you're too young to be dating!"

"I'm a free woman! I do what I want!" Yuna declared, running past the other students with her fists in the air. It wasn't long before she was out of view.

Lia stopped and greeted the other two, refusing to chase the younger. She was agitated, wondering why she was stuck looking after the baby, ignoring the fact that she appointed herself the position. Meanwhile, her friends couldn't help but laugh at the commotion.

Yeji placed her hand on Lia's shoulder. "You take your role as mother way too seriously."

Having no shame, Lia pursed her lips and crossed her arms. She knew very well why she behaved the way she did. "She's a wild kid. Someone's got to tame her."

"Yuna's not that wild. She's just growing up." Chaeryeong chipped in before checking the time on her phone.

"No, never. She's a baby."