Snake (Pt.3)

"Can I kidnap you? I don't want you to go."

"We both know if I stall any longer, my mom might not let me come again this weekend."

The couple woke up earlier this morning so the brunette could spend more time with the lovable, elderly woman before she had to head back home. Although sincerely wishing she didn't have to go, she knew it wasn't her decision to make. She couldn't argue with Mama Hwang when her mother had been so easygoing and understanding lately.

"Right... Just don't be too pushy about it. I don't want her to hate me."

"Babe, how many times must I tell you that she genuinely likes you?"

"I'll believe it when I see it."

"Shush." Yeji exited the bathroom and walked toward her girlfriend sitting at the edge of the bed. She pinched the piece of fabric, flaunting it. "I'm keeping these clothes by the way. Good luck getting them back."

"I would argue against that, but it's actually nice to see you in my stuff." Ryujin looked her girlfriend up and down, a smile on her face. She grabbed her by the waist, gently pulled her closer. "It's kind of cold here, though. I'll have to keep my jacket."

"But you have another."

"That one is too thin."

"Then why do you have it?"

"It's more like a decorative jacket. You know, for fashionable reasons."

"Nonsense, you— " Yeji's breath hitched as soon as her girlfriend's hands moved to rest against the skin on her  lower back. "Ryuddaeng..."

"Hm?"

"Your hands."

"I'm just warming them up— OUCH!" Yeji flicked her forehead roughly, causing Ryujin to retract her hands. "SERIOUSLY?"

***     ***     ***

It's been a few days since then. Yeji was in her second class of the day now, immersed in a conversation with her friends Heejin and Hyunjin. She asked the new couple about their time at the dance. Although it was cut short once Mr. Kim called for everyone's attention regarding the new lecture.

Throughout class, she listened attentively and took notes so she could assist Ryujin in teaching her the material. At the end, students were told to discuss the project with their partners.

Yeji looked at Jiu, who moved to an empty desk beside her with a smile. "Hey, Yeji. So, you didn't make it to the dance after all?"

'Aren't we supposed to be talking about our project?' Yeji thought before answering. "No. I hear it was great, though. How was it for you?"

"Dances aren't typically my thing, but I really enjoyed my time with Yuna."

"Glad to hear it."

"Lia and Chaeryeong tagged along. You missed a lot of fun. Were you home alone?" Jiu knew the answer to her question, but she wanted to pry and see how Ryujin was doing.

Again, Yeji couldn't help questioning why this was the topic, but eventually shrugged it off. Perhaps Jiu is simply worried about her teammate. "I went to visit Ryujin and spend some time with her grandma."

"How is she doing?"

"She's holding up as best as she can."

"And her grandma?"

"It's hard to say."

"Fingers crossed in hopes that's not a bad thing." Jiu sat up and fiddled with her fingers for a minute. "Your other friends, Chaeryeong and Lia... "