Choi Yeonjun

RIIIIINNNGGG!

The bell sounds off, startling the one who has been painting for the past hour. Yeji swears it nearly causes her heart to stop, she was that focused.

Meanwhile, Ryujin, who is now awake due to the abrupt noise, finds herself facing the canvas on an easel. It was blank earlier before she officially dozed off, no doubt. That aside, although what Yeji has planned out is clearly a work in progress, the idea behind it is clear to anyone with working vision.

Aware of the jaw-aching grin on her own face, Ryujin tilts her head a bit, lightly biting her inner cheek. The thought of Yeji painting something related to them during this self-induced free time of theirs makes her happy.

"Is that us?" She finally speaks up, eyebrows arched curiously.

"You're able to tell?!" Yeji jumps up in the seat, perhaps more surprised by Ryujin's voice than she was by the bell, all while forgetting the blue-haired girl's chin was still resting on her shoulder.

"Ouch-ch... Yeddeong~ "

"Oh my god!" Yeji spins around, immediately feeling apologetic. She gently rubs the area her shoulder hit, cautiously with the tips of her fingers, assuming the location by the redness on her partner's skin. "I'm so sorry. I got a little too excited."

"It's alright, just unexpected." Ryujin winces as she moves around her jaw. She attempts to smile and declare it's okay while minimizing her slight nose scrunches through the pain until her eyes are easily drawn back to the canvas behind a concerned Yeji. "Since when did you learn to paint like that?"

"I- Wait!" Quickly, Yeji jumps backward and stands in front of her unfinished piece, arms held out wide. It's useless considering her arms hardly provide any coverage. "Don't look yet! It's not done!"

"Oh no, are you two arguing again?"

"Ms. Kang, heh~ " Yeji laughs nervously. "Hi."

"I came in to let you know that the bell rang. Sometimes it doesn't sound loud enough in here."

"Thank you." She glances behind her before redirecting her attention toward the teacher. "Is it okay if you hold onto this painting for me?"

"Yes, of course— "

"Great!" Hastily, Yeji reaches for Ryujn's hood and pulls it over her head, tugging the strings to tighten it and make it harder to remove. She whirls around and plucks the canvas from the easel, handing it to Ms. Kang, who took the hint that this needed to remain unseen.

By the time the athlete managed to take off her hood, both the teacher and the piece of art were gone, much to the brunette's content. "But I already saw— "

"No you didn't."

"Yes I did."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Yeji responds. She cleans up the small mess she made, rinsing off the brushes and returning everything to its rightful spot.

On the other hand, Ryujin's busy rubbing her eyes, wishing she could go back to sleep because of how comfortable she was before the jaw accident. She'll cast this painting topic off for the time being, assuming that she'll get to see it someday. "Any chance you'll carry me? I don't want to walk."

"I'm not the athlete here, though." Yeji snorts, imagining the scenario differently in her mind. "You should be carrying me."

Oh.

"In that case..." Ryujin stood up and walked behind the girl, scooping her up bridal style.

Caught by surprise, Yeji yelps and wiggles her legs repeatedly, nearly causing the latter to drop her. "Ah! Wait!"