chapter 2

I got to class and immediately started doing my morning work. I'm one of those students who takes school very seriously, just like my sister did.

The day goes by pretty quickly. I had a few tests today and not too much homework.

As the school bell rings, I make my way out to start walking home. My sister works 12 hour shifts, so she won't make it on time to pick me up-which is understandable.

As soon as I get home, I made myself a quick snack and fell asleep. I probably shouldn't have binged The Office last night.

I wake up to hearing our front door slam. As I walk out, I see Rina putting her stuff on the kitchen counter.

"How was your first day as Dr. Hart?" I ask her excitedly. She's busted her ass for this for forever and I'm so excited to see how it payed off.

She looks at me and the reaction was one that I wasn't expecting. Aside from the dark eyes and the tired look- I see something I didn't expect to see- tears. I immediately hugged her.

"What happened Ri? First day not as planned?"

"It was going alright until I met my attending " she cried." I did everything he asked but he's just so rude."

I continued to hug her. I'm not sure what to say. After all she still is an intern- so she has to follow whatever is said. Regardless, she should still be treated with respect.

"Hey, today didn't go so well, but there's always tomorrow. How about we order a pizza and binge some Netflix. Let's just relax tonight."

She looks at me and smiles. "Sounds like a plan love."

We order the pizza and each take showers. I grab the blankets and plant myself on the couch. As she lays down, I lay my head on her lap.

"How was your day Lay?" she asks while playing with my hair.

"It was alright, same old same old."

Before I knew it I was fast asleep.

Hi loves! Hope you're liking it so far! :)