chapter 22

Rina

A few weeks have passed by since the whole argument. Since then, Luke has been way nicer. He's been so much more kinder and willing to teach me. We've moved on and forgot about it.

We've also started hanging out with Liam more. Alayna and I have been going over to his penthouse for dinner and he's been coming to ours for movies. The new relationship is doing everyone good.

Him and Luke are still working on their relationship though.

I just finished up a surgery with Luke. As I was walking I got a call from Alayna's school.

My heart started racing. I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hi is this Carina Hart?"

"Yeah"

"Hi this is Margaret calling from Alayna's school. We're calling because she has a very high fever and has thrown up a couple times."

Before I knew it I was running towards the lounge to get my bag & keys. Luke followed right behind.

"I'll be there ASAP."

Luke looks at me. "Hey what's wrong?"

"Layna. She's sick at school." And I ran out.

I got to the school and went to the front office. "I'm here for Alayna."

"Shes right around the corner."

As I got to her I paused. She looked pale and fragile. I went up to her and gently shook her.

"Hey, hey- let's go my love."

I grabbed her bag and walked her out to my car. I sat her in the front seat. She seemed so lethargic.

"Babes what's not feeling right." I asked as I checked her over.

"My body aches, I feel cold, and my chest hurts a lot."

"Okay okay let's go see what's wrong." And I sped off to the hospital.

On my way there I called Liam and told him everything. He said he'd meet us there in no time.

As I arrived, I pulled up at the entrance. When I got there Liam was already waiting. He opened the passenger door and gently lifted Layna out.

I didn't even bother parking my car.

I ran right behind him as he yelled

"SIXTEEN YEAR OLD FEMALE COMPLAINING OF BODY ACHES & CHEST PAIN."

A nurse led us to an exam room and he gently laid her down.

"SOMEBODY PAGE HEAD OF PEDS AND CARDIO"

Luke and Calum.

I sat next to her and held her hands as all the nurses stuck electrodes to her chest and hooked her up to monitors.

Calum ran in first. As soon as he saw us he paled.

"Okay okay gimme her vitals." He was right on it. He listened to her heart and checked her stats.

"Hey sweetheart. Feeling a bit under the weather?"

She didn't respond. My heart was racing. It's not like her to get sick yet alone unresponsive.

"Alright I want a full set of labs. I want blood I want chest X-rays. I want everything." He said seriously.

Liam and I each sat next to her.

Suddenly, Luke ran in. "Hey I got called for a consult?" He spoke looking down at the tablet.

As soon as he looked up he got serious. "Holy shit. What's wrong?"

Calum filled him in.

"So far she has a high fever, body aches, and chest pain."

"Okay let's see what's going on."

He took of his stethoscope from around his neck and gently listened to her heart and her lungs.

"That doesn't sound too good."

A/N hello everyone! today makes a week of writing this book ! :) I'm so thankful for each and every one of you! <3

just a few questions! please answer so I can provide the best content! :)

1. do you prefer everyday updates or every other day?

2. are you enjoying the story?