chapter 36

Alayna

I woke up agitated. And to make it even better- guess who showed up today.

Mother Nature.

I got up and washed my face. I took a quick shower hoping to relieve some cramps. Gosh I felt gross.

I went to the kitchen after I got ready and grabbed some Tylenol extra strength

If I'm going to make it through the day I'm going to have to extra strength this bitch.

I quickly swallowed one and made myself some breakfast. Rina walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning she said kind of wearily"

"Morning" I said not looking to her.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like a million bucks."

"I'm going to school. Elijah said he'll pick me up."

"Wh-what why I can drop you. You know that." She asked kind of hurt.

"I want Elijah to take me"

"Oh- okay" she said.

"Bye have a good day"

"You too love"

And I made my way downstairs to meet Elijah and Ella.

"Good morning!" They both said.

"Morning guys" I said kind of wearily.

They both looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Whats wrong"

"Nothing it's fine"

"Are you sure? You know you can always tell us anything!"

"Yeah thanks guys.

We made our way to school. On the way there, Elijah stopped and got us Starbucks. So thankful for him.

We got to school and started the day.

Rina

I got all my stuff together and drove to work. I didn't like her being mad at me. It kinda sucked. We're so close.

I parked and made my way inside the hospital. I went straight to Luke's office.

"Hey good morning Rina" he looked up and smiled to me.

"Morning Luke"

"Hey come here what's wrong?"

I walked over to him and he pulled me into his lap.

"Nothing. It's fine"

"No, tell me, what's wrong?"

"Alayna is pissed at me."

"Why?"

"Because yesterday at her checkup I mentioned to calum how she has some period issues so he called ash in to make sure. Ash was saying how we have to keep an eye on it but if not she could possibly get a pelvic exam and stuff, so she's livid"

"Luke I don't want her to hate me"

He looked at me. "Well it's a pretty tough topic. I understand where she's coming from but you also just want the best for her. It's for her own good."

"Luke I don't want her to hate me"

"But it's for her own good. She won't hate you but she probably might be upset with you at first."

"As her guardian, if it's needed, I'll have no choice but to make her do it"

He nodded.

"It's for the best"

The day went by pretty quickly. We had a ton of cardio cases today which was really interesting.

I was currently on my way back to the attending lounge.

As I walked in, I saw Ash, Cal and Luke.

"Hi guys." I handed Luke the last report of the day.

"Thank you"

Then, I heard a text on my phone.

I read it.

"Liam is taking me home today" - Alayna

Ouch. I frowned. I used to be the one taking her home.

"What's wrong?" Asked Luke.

"Liam is picking up Alayna"

He frowned. "It's okay love"

But it isn't.

A/N hello friends! :) hope everyone is doing well! Decided to give you guys a bonus chapter today because I hit 5k reads! :) absolutely crazy! I never thought I'd make it this far!

If you don't mind- answer the questions below! :) thank you all for your support & love you guys! <3

1. Are you enjoying the story?
2. What's your favorite part so far?

Also if you haven't already, check out my other book "You'll Always Have Us!"