chapter 9

The next morning I woke up feeling much better. Those pills were miracle workers.

Not long after my sister came in and sat right next to me.

"Hi babes. How are you feeling my love?" She said softly while rubbing my back.

"I feel a bit better. Still a bit achy though". She nodded. "Mhm seems about right. Your body needs time to rest and recuperate.

"Yes Dr. Hart." She let out a laugh.

She sighs."I'm not sure I want to leave you home alone while your sick."

"Ri I'm 16, I can handle myself." She sighed. "I know hun, you are one of the most responsible kids I know (not being biased), but you're sick and I hate the feeling of being away from you for 12+ hours. You're still in the early stages of recovering love. I want to be able to check on you." She said with a sad smile.

I sighed. She definitely meant well. After all she was just trying to look after me. "Okay fine, what do you suggest?"

"You can come to work with me and stay in the lounge. That way I can continue to check on you in between my rounds or if I can't, someone else will."

"Okay, fine" I said with a small smile.

"Awesome, get dressed, and get all your things! And no homework!"

"Yes ma'am."

As soon as she left I got up and did my morning routine. I easily threw on a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt and put my hair into a high ponytail. I grabbed my laptop and charger and headed out.

*time skip to the hospital*

I walked in right behind her as she led me to a lounge. On the way there we see Ashton and another tall blonde talking. They immediately look to us.

"Good morning girls! Alayna how are you feeling?" He came over to check my forehead.

"I'm feeling a bit better. Thank you for asking."

"Hmm you still feel a bit feverish. Make sure to rest." As he felt my throat & forehead.

"Will do, thank you."

"Of course, don't forget to stay hydrated! Oh mind me where are my manners. This is Dr. Michael Clifford. He's the head of ortho."

I kindly waved to the other doctor. "Nice to meet you Dr. Clifford."

"The pleasure is all mine. Please call me Michael." He said with a smile.

"Sorry Dr. Clifford & Dr. Irwin, we have to head to the lounge before I'm late for rounds." said Rina

"No problem, see you guys around. Alayna feel better sweetheart." Ashton said as he smiled.

We walked into the lounge and I was immediately overwhelmed.