chapter 47

A/N: enjoy :)

It hit Alayna right in her face. An audible gasp left my mouth before I quickly swam over to her.

"Are you okay? I asked her trying to get a good look at her face. She was sobbing and her face was turning red and swelling. Nothing seemed to be broken yet, but with the impact of the hit, she could also have a concussion.

Luke quickly swam over to us and got a good look at her face as well. He gently pressed all around which results in more tears.

"Cmon, let's get some ice" he said gently and picked her up. He carried her out the pool and onto the deck. I was right behind him. She was crying a lot now, making me more worried.

He gently placed her on the couch outside and went to the fridge to grab and ice pack. He wrapped it in a paper towel and held it gently to left side which seemed to be swelling more. The rest of the boys came out the pool, grabbed towels and made their way over to us.

"Are you okay Alayna?" Michael and Ashton asked.

She nodded, quickly wiping the tears. Luke bent down towards her. "Does anything hurt?" He asked her gently, all his focus on her.

"Yeah my head hurts and I feel kinda dizzy" she said with a wobbly voice looking down.

He nodded. "You may have a concussion. Just relax for a second and we'll check you over in a minute". I sat next to her and pulled her to me.

Seconds later, Calum and Katy approached both with towels in their hand.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, it was an accident. Are you okay?" she asked "I was just playing the game" she said acting innocent.

I was furious. Like hell it was.

Alayna didn't respond to her but tears started welling again. Calum knelt down next to where Luke was holding the ice pack and tried to get a good look at Alayna, seeming concerned.

"Go away" she told him twirling the towel in her hand.

"Lemme see what hurts hun, I can help you." He told her calmly with a guilty look on his face.

She shook her head. "No, please leave me alone" she said starting to cry.

I looked to him. "Please just leave, Calum." I told him calmly and looked down to Alayna.

"I wanna make sure she's okay, I'm sorry this happened to her."

I was angry again. "Calum, then tell your girlfriend to apologize. She was the one who did it on purpose and you're just gonna let it slide?" I told him as I sat up and yelled in his face.

He shook his head. "She didn't mean do it on purpose".

"And you seriously believe that?" Alayna cried out, making us both turn our heads to her. The underneath of her eye started to turn a dark shade of purple. The bruising was way more apparent now making my stomach churn.

Luke removed the ice pack and gasped too.

"We need to make sure you don't have a concession" he told her. She nodded.

"Follow my finger" he said and did this a few times. He did a few different exercises and when he was finished, he shook his head.

"She definitely has a concussion. She needs to be observed and can't sleep for the next couple of hours" he told Calum and I. Calum went over to her again.

"Does anything else hurt?" He asked her again, in a gentle manner.

She shook her head no. "I'm just super dizzy still" she told him and tried to stand up. As she did, she almost fell over, and I was grateful Calum was there to quickly steady her.

"Whoa careful, let's go inside and relax for a little. As he gently held her. I came on the other side of her and we both led her inside.

Katy was sitting on the couch with her feet on the ottoman. She looked over to us from her phone. "Guys you're being dramatic, she's fine" she told us.

That made me more angry. I went to her and grabbed her phone out of her hand and threw it on the couch beside her.