Chapter 52

Luke

I began driving to "Roll it", the new sushi place downtown that a ton of people were raving about. I was excited to go here because both of us like sushi. I made reservations beforehand to make sure we can secure our spot.

It was very rainy outside, and there was calm music playing in the car as we drove in silence. I looked over to her again as she was looking out the window at the tall buildings.

She looked absolutely stunning.

Soon we arrived, and then I parked the car. I then went over to her side of the door and opened, grabbed her hand, and led her inside.

Immediately got seated, and our server gave us menus.

"Luke this is so fancy" she told appalled.

I nodded. "A fancy place for a pretty girl." I smiled

She blushed. It was adorable.

We both ordered and waited for our food. I ordered us some drinks and appetizers in the mean time.

"So Rina,"  I began.

"You look amazing" I blurted out. She smiled.

"You look fine as well". She laughed out, shyly.

"I wanted to tell you that I'm very grateful we met on the first day. You have so much potential and I can't wait to see what the future has for you. Not to mention, your dedication and heart of gold. The admiration and consideration you have for your sister as well just shows your character."

She had tears in her eyes. "L-Luke that's so kind, thank you" she said, her voice wobbly.

I continued on. "Not to mention, yourself. You are a such an amazing person, both in and out. You've taught me so many things about myself that I never even knew. You challenge me on being a better person everyday."

She was speechless.

"With that being said, I wanted to take the next step. Make things official. Put a label on things. Dr. Rina Hart, would you like to be my girlfriend?" I asked her, my heart beating a million miles per hour.

She nodded and reached over the table to hug me. "Yess of course!" She screamed.

I hugged her back and inhaled her scent, enjoying the moment.

"Thank god" I sighed a breath of relief.

Things can only go up from here.