chapter 41

A/N hehhe ily guys :)

Carina

The waiter came over. Alayna excused herself to the bathroom.

"Hey, hey wait, don't leave" said Luke. "Look we're sorry it's off to a rocky start, but we don't want you to leave."

"Luke, listen, I have feelings for you and you know that. But you can't be seriously asking me to stay with you when there's a territorial bitch present. Especially when my sister's around. Sorry I won't tolerate it."

"Not to mention, she hit a low blow mentioning our parents. I don't fucking stand for it. Much less you all clearly taking her side."

"Hey, wait let's talk about this." said Ashton and Michael.

I looked to him." And what is there to talk about? Hm? The fact that she's a territorial bitch or the fact that she brought up our parents? OH! Wait! It must be the fact that she put her hands on my sister. Yeah, that must be it!" I said sarcastically.

"We're sorry, she can be a little much sometimes. We've known her forever." said Luke. "She's a good person" he tried to reason.

"A good person doesn't put their hands on someone. Especially after that dipshit intern. I won't tolerate it babes." I said sassily.

"Listen, you both provoked each other. I say we all finish and talk it out. She is a part of our circle, but that doesn't mean we don't want you both too. We enjoy your company as much as we enjoy hers. Maybe you both should apologize to each other and we can start fresh" said Ashton.

He must be on a high from delivering babies today, cause that shit ain't happening.

"Sorry. I won't apologize to her for something I didn't do." I said.

The waiter came back with my receipt.

"Rina, can you just try to be friends with her?" Luke begged.

Wow.

"Sorry Luke, I don't think it's going to work out." I said softly.

"W-wait, what?" He asked with a wobbly voice.

"My sister comes first, and she always will come first. I can't have her around people I don't trust. Sorry" I said with tears in my eyes.

I couldn't believe this was happening. I was pushed to my limits. There's no way I will have Layna around them if she's present. Katy made it clear she was there to stay. And if that means breaking everything I had with Luke, so be it.

"Bb-but you trust us. You know we'd always protect her." he said on the verge of tears.

"You didn't a couple minutes ago. And Katy made it clear she was part of your circle. I won't have Alayna around that." I said as I looked down.

I didn't want to do this, but she's my number one priority and she always will be. When our parents died I promised I'd do everything in my power to protect her.

"Cc-can we please talk about this?" He asked hopefully. I looked to him and saw the tears in his eyes.

"I-I'm sorry Dr. Hemmings. I'll be at work on Monday"

"Don't go, Rina." pleaded Calum.

"At least finish your dinner" Ashton said with hopeful eyes.

I shook my head. "Sorry"

Alayna came out. I looked to her.

She looked confused.

"Let's go home love" I smiled sadly as I put my arm around her.