chapter 4

Two tall males in scrubs & white coats stood before me. They look to be around their twenties. One had tan skin and dark brown hair and the other had lighter skin and light brown hair.

"Oops sorry!" I squeak.

The one with light skin speaks first.
"Who are you and why are you in the attending lounge?"

The attending lounge? WHAT? This was supposed to be the interns lounge.

" I- um, I'm sorry. My sister must've mistakenly thought this was the interns lounge. Do you know where the interns lounge is?" I say kind of timidly. These doctors look hella intimidating. I'm probably half the size of them.

The one with tan skin replies "yes but first, why is an 8th grader in the hospital this late?"

8th grader? This mf called me an 8th grader? Is he serious?!

I look up at him and reply "did- did you just call me an 8th grader? I'm a junior in high school. And since you have to know, my sister got called in so by default I had to come" I replied. I tried to be brave but we both knew I sounded like a toddler.

The two look at each other as if silently debating whether my story was true or not. They look at me.

"A few things. 1. You look very small for a junior in high school. 2. You shouldn't be in the hospital this late. 3. Dr. Irwin and I were just heading out downstairs to the cafeteria. If you've been here this late, you probably haven't eaten. Do you want to come with us and then we can go from there?"

Am I hungry? Yes. Do I want to go with them to the cafeteria? NO! I don't even know these guys and suppose my sister finishes soon and can't find me? Probably not the best idea.

I look up to them hesitantly.
"No thanks."

"Why" replies the other doctor. So he speaks! He looks as if he's just been analyzing me the whole time.

"Because I told my sister I'd wait here for her until she finishes" although she probably didn't expect the surgery to go on this long.

"Whose your sister?"

"Dr. Hart."

The doctors both look at each other. "Oh she's one of the interns under Hemmings" he said knowingly.

"We can page him that you're with us. That way when they're finished, they can meet us, if you want"

I looked at them and hesitated for a moment. Should I?

The rumbling of my tummy made the answer for them.

"I take that as a yes."

A/N Hello loves! Just posted the first 4 chapters :) hope you all enjoy! Lmk if you guys like it by clicking that little star or commenting! :) grateful!

I will also be trying to update daily! Please lmk what you prefer!