chapter 13

hii thought I'd treat you guys today with a bonus : ) thank you for all the love & support ! Don't forget to vote & comment !! :)

Rina

Calum leaves to get the reducer. As he leaves Luke comes in. "Ahhh finally she's getting some rest. He carefully bends down and moves some baby hairs from her face.

I look to him. "Thank you for protecting her today." He focused to me "Of course. She's such a sweet girl." I smile. So true. She's such a sweetheart.

Calum returns with the fever reducer. He gently bends down. "I'm going to wake her up. As much as I don't want to, the faster her fever reduces, the better."

We both look at him and nod in understanding.

He gently rubs her back trying to wake her up. "Hi sweetheart, good morning."

She looks at us in confusion and immediately lays in my lap. "Hi cutie. We had to wake you up. Your fever wasn't getting any better. Calum is going to give you a reducer."

She looks at us and nods tiredly.

She sits up and Calum gently raises her sleeves. She never liked vaccines. Ever. I gently pull her head to my chest. Calum wipes her arm with an antibacterial wipe and quickly gives it to her.

He puts a bandaid and smiles. "All done sweetheart."

"Thank you Calum." He looks at me and gives me a disapproving look. "Seriously you don't have to thank me. It's my job." He laughs. He gets paged and tells us goodbye.

Suddenly Luke and I are both left alone again. Layna is laying on my lap still dozing off.

"She's lucky to have you." I look up at him shocked. The Dr. Hemmings gave me a compliment?

"Thank you."

" I want to apologize for all those things I said about you. You are definelty one of the top interns in this program. I shouldn't have assumed at all and I'm very sorry for that."

I look up at him shocked again.

"It's okay, I forgive you." I say with a small smile.

I realize we've been sitting here for a bit and Layna fell back asleep.

"Dr. Hemmings, do we have to go or check on any patients now? We've been here for a bit."

"No it's okay, and even if we did- I would've done it. Right now she needs you."

I look up at him. "Thank you." I smile genuinely.

He looks back "of course." He whispered.