chapter 6

We are all sitting in Calum's office waiting for my sister to finish. It's about 11:30PM and I'm absolutely exhausted. While we're all waiting, the boys were making small talk.

Suddenly, a group of doctors walk in. I'm guessing they're interns by the way they act towards Calum, Ashton & Dr. Hemmings.

The leader speaks. " Hi Dr. Hemmings, we've finished the surgery. The patient is in recovery with strong vitals."

He responds blandly "Great, why didn't anyone inform me that the patient was finished before he was put in recovery?" he says kind of pissed.

They all look to each other confusedly- "We told Dr. Hart to inform you immediately. She finished like an hour ago"

Wait what? If she finished over an hour ago, she would've came and got me. Something doesn't seem right.

"All she does is do her own thing. She doesn't even work as a team. She's selfish and doesn't care about the rest of us." says mr. lead intern.

excuse me. Oops did I say that out loud?

It's then they all notice me in the room.
One of the nosy interns go "whose that?"

Someone you just pissed off homie.

Hemmings responds "none of your business" clearly upset. "You all are free to leave. Be here by 7am".

He looks to Calum and Ashton.

"I don't know why this intern thinks she can do things her own way. It's not how things work around here" he says fuming. "It's been 2 days and she's already testing me." says Luke.

Um that "intern's" sister is sitting right there.

But what surprised me the most was how Calum and Ashton immediately agreed. They didn't even care to hear her side of the story. Are you serious?

Angry, I get up and make my way to the door. Before I grab it Calum grabs my hand.

"Hey, hey. What's the matter?"

" What's the matter? Are you fricken serious right now? You automatically assumed Rina was in the wrong, but oh wait- YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. You picked a side without hearing both first. She's not a mean person. In fact she's sacrificed a ton for me." Gosh my head hurts now. Am I sick?
I looked over to Hemmings. "Hearing you believe all those mean things about my sister doesn't sit right with me."

He looks shocked but doesn't say a word.

"Where's the unbiased POV you're supposed to have? Huh? Nonexistent?" I tell him.

Im fuming right now. I don't usually confront people or ever yell but no one gets to talk shit about my sister- regardless if it's her attending or not.