chapter 5

As they lead the way, they make small convo.

"So what's your name mini Hart?"

"Alayna"

"Nice to meet you Alayna. I'm Dr Hood but you can call me Calum, and my partner over here is Dr. Irwin but you can call him Ashton."

"Nice to meet you guys" I say kind of timidly. I still don't know these guys. But I guess they're being nice.

We head to the cafeteria and pick up our meals. I get a slice of cheese pizza thats bigger than the size of my face, while Ashton & Calum both get pasta.

"That's all you're eating?"

I look down hesitantly at my plate. Wdym if this is all I'm eating? This is HUGE!

"Yeah this is a lot for me"

He nods his head and looks for a place to sit.

We all sit down. I sit on the inside of the booth with Calum next to me and Ashton across from us.

"So tell us about yourself"

I look up from my pizza. "Well, I'm 16, Im a straight A student and I enjoy reading & playing soccer"

"You smart student. Couldn't say the same for us at your age. Anyway I'm Calum, I'm a pediatrician & I enjoy spending time with my roommates."

"And I'm Ashton, I enjoy spending time with friends and playing drums."

Oh cool ! "What kind of doctor are you?"

"I'm a gynecologist. I really enjoy being able to take care of a teeny tiny baby all the way until birth."

Oh- um cool I guess?

We finished our food and got up. As we were about to head to the interns lounge, I head someone call my Calum. All three of us turn around and see a tall blonde walking to us. He too looked to be around his twenties.

He approached us. "Hey Hemmings." He gave Calum & Ashton a bro hug and then looked to me and looked back at the boys.

"Whose this?"

Is this the so called attending who has been giving my sister a hard time?

Calm replies "this is Alayna, she's Dr. Hart's little sister. I look up to him again. Gosh what is it with these guys and being so tall.

He looks back down at me and introduces himself. "Hello I'm Dr. Hemmings."

"Alayna" I said. He doesn't deserve that much just yet.

He nods. "Are you guys ready to leave? Sorry for making you guys stay long."

"It's fine, we made a new friend here anyway." Calum says as he looks to me.

I suddenly gain the courage to talk to Dr. Rude.

"Do you know how long my sister is going to take?"

He glances back down to me and then to his phone. "Im not sure. It depends on how much she has left".

I nod and say thanks. From our small interaction, he doesn't look rude but then again he did make my sister cry.

Please let me know if you like it by clicking the stars & commenting! <3