chapter 19

Alayna

Mondays. Gross.
5 days until glory again.

Today Liam is supposed to be doing a spotlight surgery at the hospital. I'm going there after school to meet him. I'm so nervous.

Rina drops me to school. As I walk in I immediately see my bestfriend Rachel. She's the kindest, most genuine person you'll ever meet. She's so caring and would go above and beyond for you. She's amazing.

"Hi Rach! How was your weekend?"

"It was good how about you?"

"Same." I smiled.

Let's get this day over with.

Before I knew it the day was over and I was on my way to the hospital. Layna texted me to meet her by the lounge again.

When I walked in, there were about. 60 interns as well as all the attendings. I'm guessing they were waiting for the guest doctors before the spotlight surgery.

I immediately found Rina and put all my stuff aside. I gave her a quick hug.

"How was your day today?" She whispered.

"Good."

Before I knew it the room was silenced. The attendings were all standing at the front of the room and suddenly 5 doctors walked across and introduced themselves. I only focused on one.

Liam Hart.

It was weird. He looked like my dad. He was tall- about 6'2" and had broad shoulders. He wore scrubs and a long sleeved shirt under where you could see tattoos peaking out. He looked a bit intimidating.

We made eye contact and he knew. As soon as everyone was dismissed there were a couple people left. Alayna and I were on the other side. We both got up and started walking towards him.

He met us first. It was as if he was at a loss for words.

"Oh my gosh- hi." Before I knew it Rina and I were in his arms. He was hugging us as if he was going to loose us again. All of us started tearing up.

We pulled back and he looked at me. His hands immediately went to cup my cheeks. "You've gotten so big peanut."

He looked to Rina. "Gosh you too- granted you both are so tiny."

That caused us to laugh.

"How are you both?"

"Good" we both replied. I was still so shocked and overwhelmed with emotions.

He gently wiped a few stray tears from my face.

"I'm so happy to see you guys." He whispered

Rina and I looked at each other.

"Us too."

We turned around and saw the whole room looking at us.

But what I didn't miss was Luke. He looked furious.

What? Rina noticed it too.