1: Home

IAN'S POV

Bringing our baby home was the most incredible feeling. Having her finally here, being able to hold her and look at her and take in every moment it was so overwhelming, I was overwhelmed with the amount of love I feel for her.

I carried her in her car seat whilst Bella walked beside us, she was still a little sore from the birth, which wasn't the most pleasant experience. It was a long birth. "You okay?" I asked her she nodded with a smile looking at our daughter. "Finally bringing our own baby home." She says looking up at me. We've helped our friends bring back their children from the hospital more times than I could count... now it was our turn. "We are." I smiled at her, God I was so lucky. 

I was glad our friends took my advice and didn't surprise Bella with a welcome home party. She was really tired and I could tell she was still in pain. They did however get a balloon arch and had gifts waiting for us in the lounge which was really sweet of them. Though I believe they had been here for a few days as we stayed at the hospital for a few days. "Why don't you go to bed and I'll-"She'll need a feed soon so I'll go down when she does for an hour." 

She didn't go to bed when the baby did she instead went around the house cleaning and putting away the things we took to the hospital. I was helping with the laundry trying to get her list of jobs finished so she could sleep. But the house is a lot bigger than the townhouse I used to live in meaning it took a while to do so she had to feed the baby again. And when she was done with that we sat down in the lounge with her and put a film on to try and relax. 

"You can go to sleep if you want baby?" I tell her, I could see her eyes closing as she texted on her phone the founder's party group chat which had most of the TVD cast in hasn't stopped for the last few days since Bella went into Labour. "I'm fine, she's still awake." I looked over at the baby in her arms she was rocking her back and forth occasionally talking to her or looking at her taking it all in. "I can hold her for a while." She looked at me. "Go to bed Isabella. She'll be fine with me." I tell her I sit up from my comfortable position and go to take the baby. "Are you sure?" She asked as I took her supporting her neck. "You've had the longest night, go to sleep baby," I tell her, she adjusted her position so she was laying down.

I looked over at her and her eyes were closed her mouth slightly parted, I smiled at her she looked so peaceful she was exhausted from the labour and I admired how strong she was. The reason why we didn't want anyone over today was that the labour had some complications, both Isabella and our beautiful baby girls lives were at risk. They stayed in the hospital for two nights but they're both okay now. Which is the main thing. But Bella was still recovering from the ordeal. I looked at the precious life in my arms. "I promise to always protect you, baby," I whispered to her before kissing her forehead. She was so perfect. She was looking up at me and I didn't pull my gaze away from her as her eyes closed she was drifting off to sleep. 

And of course, a knock at the door woke both my sleeping beauties up. "It's okay, baby, I got it," I tell her as she looked around confused as the baby cries. "It's the door." I clarified. She was still sitting up. I laid her in her mother's arms as I went to answer the door. "Hi." Everyone was at our door. We may have kept it to ourselves that they had to stay in the hospital... She didn't want anyone to worry so they think they've given us time but in reality, we've been home for 5 hours. "Hi, guys." I smile at them trying to hide my annoyance.

"Where are they?" Nina asked coming in followed by, Chris and the kids. Kat and Amelia, Phoebe Paul and the kids. "They're in the lounge. Bella's resting." I tell them as we went through. "Hi, Thank you for all the cards and gifts guys." We hadn't opened a single one of them, they were in the spear room. It's not that we don't appreciate them it's just it's been a tiring experience. And I've been more focused on getting Bella to sleep.