8: I'm Tapping out

PAUL'S POV

Isabella Somerhalder spotted outside the IC Unit early hours of the morning looking less than okay. Husband Ian Somerhalder and Isabella have both been MIA off all platforms and this is the first time Isabella had been spotted in months after giving birth to their daughter this summer. The actor had shared that his daughter had been sick but didn't go into details.

Fans roar with concern on the supermodel's social media platforms as they see how underweight she is looking in the most recent pap photos that were realised yesterday afternoon. Everyone is offering her support as well as Ian. Their friends and family have been spotted visiting the hospital that their un-named daughter was staying. Fans hope for more information on the matter soon.

Reading an article about her was fine, people wrote things all the time. But seeing her like that was hard. The photos made her look like she'd blow away with a breath of air in her direction. I didn't realise how tired and sunken her face had become. When I visit with Lilly I focus on Indie, not Isabella. I felt guilty for letting her get like this. Like I had a sense of responsibility for it.

"Have you seen the pictures?" Bee asked walking in with Daisy on her hip. I nodded. "Have you heard anything else from them?" "Ian called early. They're taking her for a scan today and they're hoping the swellings gone down." She nodded. "Have you spoken to Isabella?" I asked she shook her head with a sad look. "Her phones have been switched off for days now... Her assistant isn't even taking her calls." "I'm sure she's fine" "Nina doesn't think so." I frowned more taking Daisy and kissing the top of her head. She began to play with the stings of my hoodie whilst we continued to talk. "She thinks she's about to snap." "And you?" "From what I've heard, I think she's already snapped."

I look away from my daughter as I blink my tears back and then look back at her. I think I'd snap too if one of my girls were as sick as my niece. Hell, I'm feeling it for my niece. She didn't deserve this. She's a little innocent baby who is happy when she's not in pain. She should be happy all the time. That's what she deserved. That's what her parents wanted to give her. "Ian's being an ass. You need to tell him to fix up." I frowned again at her. Ian is struggling too. It's not easy for him. Yeah, Isabella has given him the freedom to keep going with his life and work but his daughter is still ill. And he does care. "He's being so Hot and cold with her." "Nina, just doesn't-"No Logan told me." She said before I started to go off about Nina and Ian's recently rocky relationship. But if her sister had said it, who adores Ian. It had to be somewhat true.

"How about we go visit them later today?" I suggest putting Daisy down as Lilly came in to take her into the garden with Holly and her. "I think today might already be a lot for them. Don't you think?" I nodded understanding. "We could send some dinner." "Bella has no appetite." She said. "She still has to eat," I tell her firmly. Bella always eats it's like her thing. She cooks and eats it's what she's good at amongst other things but still. "I'll see what Logan says." I nodded.

"I'm going to go check on the dogs... do you want me to take the girls with me?" I offered. Ian had asked me to drop by and make sure the horses and dogs are okay as he didn't get a chance to go home last night. Phoebe looked out the living room windows and see the girls playing in the sandbox. "They should be fine..." She said admiring them as they play nicely together. Which was rare for them. At least one of them is normally left out or causing a scene. "Okay. I'll be as quick as I can." I tell her. I pecked her cheek and rushed off to the house.

You can tell they hadn't had a chance to do much. Suitcases by the laundry room that needed washing. The curtains were all closed all over the house. It was freezing showing they hadn't spent much time in here as the heating had been on. The dogs were all fine. I changed their water and filled up their food bowls.