18: Feels like Home

IAN'S POV

"Hello?" I say half asleep into my phone. "Is Isabella at your place?" Kat says into the phone. I looked to the side of me the bed was empty. "No," I say flopping my head back onto the pillow. What time was it? "Call me if you hear from her." I nodded. "Wait, why? Where is she?" "We don't know." "What do you mean you don't know?" There was movement on the other end before someone began to speak again. "She called me last night asking me to come over." Nina said. "okay?" "She was in a bad way, she was rabbling about a fight with Luna and how it was all wrong." I nodded following. "She just took off." "With Indie?" I ask, if she was with Indie, she'd be fine, she'd just need space, she hated conflict. "No, Indie's with me... I stayed but she never came home." I looked at the alarm clock. 1 pm. She had been missing since last night, without Indie and she wasn't okay. 

"What were she and Luna arguing about?" I asked. I needed to know the extent of her state before I begin to panic. There was more movement on the phone than someone else began to talk. "We were arguing about you. How I didn't think you were good for her. And she should just walk away from you. for good. And all my feelings about you and her came out and she didn't like it. And then she told me you saved her life and then she hung up." I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat as I moved around my room getting dressed. "Put Paul on." "How do you know he's even there." "Just put him on!" 

"Hello?" "Go into the bathroom." "Huh?" "Isabella's bathroom go into her bathroom." "Okay, okay." I was now looking around for my car keys. "Yeah?" "In the cabinet under the sink." "Yeah." "Behind the spear toilet roll." "Yeah." "There are pills?" "Yeah." "Full bottles or?" "Full." "Shit!" "What?" He asked concerned. "She was on some medication when Indie first got sick... She's off them and upset." "Okay? How worried should I be?" "Kicking down Matt's door worried," I tell him. That was the last time she came off her meds. she doesn't tell many people that she takes medication for her emotional state. It's not something she talks about, sometimes I think she even blocks it from her own mind. 

"Just put everything back how you left it and don't say anything to anyone. She'll kill you." "Ian?" "Yeah?" "Is she okay?" "It's Bella, she's always okay," I say casually as I locked my door and ran down to the car. "Just keep Indie happy until we come back." "Yeah of course." We hung up and I began driving to all the places she normally goes to clear her head. I stopped off at the pharmacy to get her some meds to hopefully level her out.

I go to the rooftop of our old apartment building. And there she was sat looking out at the town. "Bella?" I say softly, she turns to look at me, she had been crying her eyes red and swollen and she had a rosy nose and cheeks. "Hey." She said forcing a smile. "Everyones worried about you," I tell her sitting down beside her. "Sorry." "It's okay." She looked back out at the town. "I got you something." I go into my pocket and pull out the small pill bottle. "I didn't mean to." "I know. Life gets busy sometimes." She nodded taking the bottle from me. "I got you a water too." She took it from me and took her pills. 

It was quiet between the two of us for a while. I kept my gaze ahead despite the fact she was looking at me. I felt her hand on top of mine she held it and I squeezed hers back a little they rested on in between us both. "Am I a bad mum?" She asked I looked at her this time, her big blue eyes filled with tears again. I frowned. "No, no." "I abandoned our child." "You called someone first." "I just took off." "You needed time you're allowed time alone Bella." She nodded. "Next time please just call me." "You know I can't do that." "You can...We were friends first." I want to be there for her, the way we've always been there for each other. 

"I'm so tired Ian." I took my hand from hers and wrapped it over her shoulders. "I'm sorry, I'm back now and I'll help more." She nodded. "And you can have a break and Indie will be just as happy as she's ever been," I tell her more. "I miss you." She whispered I don't think I was meant to hear that, so I ignored her and just held her. "Let's get home to our baby girl." "I think she should stay with you." "She belongs with you," I tell her. "She deserves better." "You're the best she could ever have," I assured her.