4: Logan

ISABELLA'S POV

Paul, Phoebe and I were playing with the children in the garden. It was Saturday and it was finally cool enough here to let the younger ones be outside for longer than a few minutes at a time. We were in the shade, Lilly was playing in their pool and her younger sisters were sat with us on the blanket.  

Indie has been happy the past few days and I was glad. She's started sleeping longer in the night, I still wake up and go and check on her because I worry when I don't hear her for a while. But I was glad she was settling. And she wasn't in any distress. 

I was sat in a straddle with Indie sat in between my legs as I support her, I dangled her toys in front of her, she was starting to reach out of things down. Her hands normally just end up in her mouth. She loved her music toys, anything that made a noise she enjoyed, to be honest. She giggled at Daisy who was pulling faces and interacting with Indie. "Is Daisy being silly baba?" I say as she kept giggling. Her laugh was so cute, music to my ears after the past few days we've had with her. 

-------------

When the sun was at its highest point we took the girls inside the air-conditioned house so they wouldn't overheat or get sunburnt in Lilly's case who had been in the pool and kept swimming away from Paul whenever he tried to put suncream on her.

Indie was asleep in Daisy's travel crib whilst we were in the lounge. Paul and Phoebe were preparing the girls lunch in the kitchen whilst I helped get Daisy and Holly changed out of their swimsuits and into some more practical day clothes. Lilly was getting herself changed in her bedroom. She was back down before I had managed to change both of them. "Aunt Bella?" Lilly said grabbing my attention from her sister. I was just tying Daisy's short hair up in a bun so it was off her face. "I think Indie is cold." "Huh?" "She's shaking." She says I moved over to her swiftly and pull out the blanket of the crib. "Can you get your mummy?" I ask her hiding my fear. My phone was in the other room.

"Is everything okay?" She asked rushing in. "Call 911, please. Now." I say. I was just watching my baby have a seizure and I didn't know what to do. I knew I wasn't meant to restrain her, I knew I had to remove anything she could hurt herself on. I was just making sure she didn't throw up and choke as she had in the past. 

Phoebe rubbed my back as she spoke on the phone to the operator. "Mummy's here baby. Mummy's here." I brush her cheek with the back of my hand. "Lilly, take your sisters up to your room to play," Paul says. "They're on their way," Phoebe tells me. She stopped shaking. "They said you can pick her up now. Carefully." I didn't miss a beat I held her close to me. "Mummy's right here baby don't be scared. I've got you. I've got you." I tell her. 

She was crying. "I know baby. I know." I rubbed her back. "They're outside. Paul can you open the gates." Phoebe asked and he went to do that. When the paramedics came in I let them take over but stayed close. They said they were going to take her in to get checked over properly. Paul said he'd call Ian and tell him what was happening. By the time Ian got to the hospital, Indie was having a brain scan to make sure there was no damage to her brain from the seizure she had as it lasted longer than 5 minutes. Though it felt like it lasted an hour whilst I was watching her helpless.

"How is she?" "The doctors said she seems fine they just want to make sure there's no permanent damage," I tell him. He looked really worried. "Permanent?" "The seizure lasted longer than 5 minutes so they could be some yeah." I was trying to remain strong and calm because I could see him struggling. I wanted nothing more than to hold my baby close and cry but that's not what was needed right now. What was needed was for me to be strong for him.  I wrapped him in my arms. "She's going to be okay... she's our little fighter," I tell him. She fought to be here, she's going to be fine... she has to be because I won't be fine without her.