20: Warning

IAN'S POV

The sunlight broke through the slightly open curtains shining bright on Isabella's face, though she was still asleep. She's not one to sleep in so I was surprised she was still asleep at this point. Indie was awake, I heard her making nonsense sentences as Kalani took her downstairs about an hour ago. 

I ran my fingers through her hair, she had it cut a few years back into a bob, it's now grown back to butt length, she could pull off any hairstyle but I liked it long so I could play with it. She blinked her eyes open a few times adjusting to the light that shone over her eyes making them look electric. They were more green today than blue, they change every day. You never know what you're going to get. "Morning," I say quietly. She smiled slightly before closing her eyes again, then she rolled over from my touch to her bedside table retrieving her phone. 

"Shit, you should have woke me." "You clear needed the sleep," I say back. "Indie's with K, she's fine," I assured her. "We could go to the diner for lunch?" I suggested. "I have a meeting at one, but could do dinner at Coco's?" She offered as a compromise. I smiled, she didn't just shut it down as she had done in the past few weeks. "Yeah, you want me to take Indie for the day?" She sat up and tied her hair in a pony. "You and Kalani can spend the afternoon together." She looked over her shoulder, she was still adjusting to being awake she looked adorable with her pouty lips and half-open doe eyes. "That would be nice. I'm sure she'd love to spend the day with you." 

Isabella has been trusting me more with Indie, I've been having her for longer on my own. Taking her out. I know Bella wants to go back to work she's had two years out now and she loved acting and modelling. She's in a good mental space, Indie's doing amazing, and I'm here now, to help and share the childcare duties with her. "I'll leave you to shower," I say getting out of bed. "Hey, Ian?" She called, I was at the door to leave the room and she was at the bathroom door. "Yeah?" "Thank you for staying last night." "Anytime." She smiled and went into the bathroom. I hear the door lock before I left.

"Morning Princess," I say to my two-year-old littering her face in kisses as she giggled. "I'm going to take Indie for the day so you and Bella can hang out. Kalani frowned. "What?" "She's just letting you take her." "I am her father," I say a little unsure of what I was inviting in when participating in this conversation. "I know. She's just a little protective of Indie. I had to beg to have her last night." "She's been through a lot, she has the right to be protective." Isabella doesn't like Indie being away from her, she was protective of her, she only leaves Indie with someone if she absolutely has to and she'll still avoid those situations like the plauge. "Did she eat much breakfast?" I asked changing the subject. "Yeah, she ate her porridge and fruit." I nodded. "I'll go get her changed," I say getting her off the playmat she was sat on. "I can do it." Kalani offered. "It's okay." 

I took her upstairs and to her room. I picked her out an outfit and changed her nappy. After she was dressed in a burnt orange romper I brushed her hair and put a bow in it like Bella did every day. She had a bow in every colour and every shade, it was excessive. "Look how cute you look," Isabella said when she comes in. "Mama!" Indie said excitedly reaching for her. "Morning, beautiful." Indie held Isa's face in her tiny hands and they rubbed noses in a little Eskimo kiss, it was the sweetest thing I have witnessed. Isabella was dressed in one of her many oversized suits with a bralette, her usual meeting outfit.

"You look nice." "Thanks." She said with a tight smile. "What's up?" I asked confused at the sudden mood change. "Nothing, yet." "Then when will they be a problem?" "After this meeting maybe." "Why?" I pushed, her mood changed so suddenly I was concerned and I wanted to know what had distressed her. "My management wants me to do a shoot." "Nice. For what?" "Vogue..." I nodded not seeing the problem. "Mexico." "Oh." The last time she did a shoot for Mexico she was there a month because other shoots popped up. "We'd be gone for a week at the least." "And I assume they have other things out there for you." "That's what I'm finding out today." "Well, I'm sure Indie would love to see Mexico," I tell her. She had supported me in every career move I have made without question, not seeing my daughter for a month would suck but I could fly out to visit or facetime and call. "I'm not going to Mexico." She said flatly. "Why?"