9: Smile

ISABELLA'S POV

"Morning Princess." I beamed when I saw those big blue eyes looking at me. A tired smile crept onto her face. "Oh, I'm so proud of you." I praise her. Ian grabbed her attention and she had the same reaction to him.

She fought. She fought and she kicked ass terrifying everyone including the doctors and beating all odds she pulled through. I felt like a weight had been lifted off my chest and I could finally breathe again. The tsunami of fear and pain that sent waves drowning me began to calm. I could see her beautiful orbs and happy smile once again.

As parents, you fight for your baby. I knew she wasn't okay after the doctor told me she was, so I fought for her. And I fought for her again, they were going to wake her up too early. I know they're doctors and everything but she's my little girl. I knew she was still tired and she just needed a few more days to get her strength back to keep fighting. And they granted her that and I will keep fighting for her no matter what the situation is. She's my little girl and I know her best I know what she needs.

The day after everyone came to see her obs dropped massively and they kept pushing to have us wake her up, I knew she wasn't ready. Ian knew she wasn't ready. The next day they went up a little. And the day after that a little more a week later she was breathing on her own again and now she's awake looking at us, listening to her favourite music.

"Can I?" I gestured to pick her up and the doctor nodded. "Go ahead." I passed Ian the camera, I picked up Indie and held her close to me. I haven't cuddled her in two weeks. "My beautiful, strong baby girl." I kissed the top of her head the tears spilt down my cheeks, I just felt so relieved almost like I was floating when I was holding her. It had been so long since I had her this close to me in my arms without all the wires and the medicine.

Her blue eyes didn't seem to reflect so much pain and it warmed my Indie was okay. And she was going to be okay. We were taking her home we're she belongs.

She reached her hands up and I dipped my head down so she could touch my face. She tugged at my lip a little. I kissed her little hand. "Let's go see daddy." I tell her walking around to Ian. He smiled his real smile for the first time in months. I missed his smile. I missed him.

I hoped Indie being better meant Ian would come back. Everything we had been through in our relationships he's never pushed me away. He's never been cold towards me. He's never been this way. Never made me feel not loved by him even when we were just friends. It broke my heart. Sometimes when he looked at me it felt like he blamed me for this. For not keep Indie safe as she grew. Sometimes I blamed myself I was meant to keep her safe and see developed this illness I knew it wasn't me but when he gave me that look I could t help but let the guilt in.

We spent hours just holding her between us. Cuddles on the little chair. Ian held me and I held Indie. We took in every part of her. She had grown so much. Her hair was growing too and she had some colour to her skin now instead of it looking so chalky. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She was so special. So strong.

————————
It had been a few weeks since we got to take our angel home. She has settled into life really nicely. We were pretty much always outside with her. She loved looking up at the trees and she petted the dogs.

Ian even managed to get Naz to come outside and lay with us in the shade for a while. His fur was almost all grey now and he's face was tired. A vet came out and checked him over yesterday and the same thing was said. He's in no pain just old and tired. It was sad really. He went from this big dog who would be bye my side protecting me and running over almost knocking me onto the floor when I came home to this. He could hardly walk and when he did it was very slow and he took a break every few steps. Ian carried him from the door of the house to the shaded tree area so he could be outside. He was patient with Indie as she petted him and used him to stand up.