21: Pool Party

NINA'S POV

Looking at them you'd think they were still married. Well, they are but. I. It's complicated is all I get as a response from either of them when I ask. I only get more confused after a conversation about their relationship.

Currently, they were sat under an umbrella Bella was sat on Ian's lap, their stroller was beside them in the shade with a napping Indie and they were laughing and sharing a fruit bowl together. Ian still wore his ring, I haven't seen Isabella in hers for months. I believe she took it off when she arrived back from England. It just never felt right to ask when she stopped wearing it. All I know was it was there one minute and it was gone the next. It's not even in her jewellery case, it had vanished.

"Stop watching them." kat scolded me. "I'm intrigued, are they like secretly dating again?" I asked her, she was the first to know last time and proved to be trustworthy to them as she didn't spill the beans about them for months! I went home with her and I didn't even catch on to the fact she was dating one of my best friends. "I don't think so." "Really?" Luna asked coming over. "They're so dating." "She feeds everyone and she'll sit on any of our laps." Kat defends. "But look at the way they look at each other," Candice says joining in. We were stood on the other side of the pool where the drinks table were.

Daniels small bbq had turned into a pool party. The kids were in the pool loving life and most of the adults were dotted around enjoying the party. "They love each other. They've been together like basically 11 years." Paul says. "But?" I questioned. "Ian said they're not together." "They said that last time." "No, like he's not going there." He said flatly ruining the whole debate with facts straight from the couple or lack thereof. This conversation reminded me of when they stayed home on holiday and we were all debating if they were dating or not. "But they're not getting a divorce?" Candice asked confused. "Bella won't sign," Phee said joining us. I sometimes feel pushed out by Paul and Phee when it comes to Isa. I'm her best friend. I was her only friend when she moved here. Paul hated her guts but now I feel like I've been replaced. They seem to know so much about them.

"Why won't she sign." "I don't think she's over him. They have a baby, they're married, they're in love." "She's being stupid," Phee said flatly, she and Ian hadn't gotten on since the whole ordeal happened. If Isabella had forgiven him we should too besides she wouldn't want us falling out with him it was her fight. We can disagree with his actions but that's all.

I hear her screaming and I look over Ian had picked her up and was moving fast to the pool. And Bella was in the air and then under the water. Ian was laughing. He looked at us and his smile dropped, I looked at phoebe and she was giving him the death glare. "I'm so getting you back for that Smoulder," Bella said when she resurfaced. It's like we went back ten years and they were just friends the way they acted was like they did when they first started to hang out.

Bella had kids hanging off of her as she stayed afloat in the pool. "Get her kids, get her." Ian encouraged. And Noah pushed him in. "That's my boy!" She praised my eldest for being mischievous. I honestly question why we left our kids with her, she was so devious and it definitely rubbed off on our kids, the fun-loving prank-playing sneakiness.

The two 'adults' were now wrestling in the pool. "They're just friends," Paul said before walking off annoyed, I know this topic causes arguments between him and Phee. They had different opinions on the matter and it was clear. When I looked back to the pool Bella was on Ian's back as he swam to the edge her head was laid on his shoulder and she was whispering something to him, he got to the ladder and easily got out Isabella had her long limbs wrapped around him as he got out and then his arms went to hold her weight up. He looked at her like she was the only person in the room.

I looked at Chris and I didn't feel like the only girl in the room. How can they after what they have been through still look like they're a new couple madly in love with each other and me and my husband sometimes look like strangers.