5: Did She Settle?

IAN'S POV

I felt my world crashing around me. The words I didn't want to hear them say, I heard and I wanted to go scream at the world for doing this to my little girl. My precious perfect innocent little girl. Why? Why her? 

I look at Isabella and I could see her breaking but putting on a brave front. I think we both were trying to hold it together. "We're going to start with Chemotherapy to stink the mass." I nodded. "And then we'll go in and take the rest away to hopefully get rid of it for good." "So it's not spread anywhere else?" "It's not in her bloodstream so we're hopeful that this mass is the only one... We're going to get her in for a scan tomorrow, so a few more observations." We were both nodding along taking in all the information. We'd like to keep her in for pain management because she seems to be in some discomfort." Though looking at Indie at this moment she was smiling away giggling at her mother who was trying to keep her entertained as we spoke with her doctor. I smiled at my happy girl... she was going through this awful ordeal and she didn't even know it. 

"The Chemo? Will it... Is it safe? She's 4 months I-"It's safe, we use a smaller dosage and keep her in the hospital we give her more rest days in between dosages." "And it'll help? Reduce it?" She nodded. "Hopefully yes." "So she's going to go through this pain and she might not be helped by it." "It's difficult to say because it's a growing thing." 

----------

Arriving home didn't feel right. My wife and child would be living in a hospital and I would be coming home and working and visiting them. Isabella and I had a conversation in the car and Isabella said that I should continue to film for V-wars. I only had 7 weeks left of filming for this season and I'll be able to be with Indie when she's having her treatments I just won't be with her during the rest periods. 

"Can you watch her whilst I go have a shower?" I asked. "I-Sure... I'm going to pack her hospital bag." She takes indie upstairs in her car seat. I follow her up and go into our bathroom whilst Bella goes into Indie's closest. 

ISABELLA'S POV

I was slightly pissed off at Ian. After the day we've had he wants to go have a shower. He doesn't want to spend time with his sick daughter. Or help his wife organise their things. Or even let me go have a shower. I supported him to go back to work, to keep working whilst I stayed in the hospital with her. I'm trying to not explode on him but I only have so many patients. I'm hurting too. I'm worried too. I'm tired too. 

Indie was fast asleep in her car seat and I didn't want to disturb her so I carried it up to the closest and sat her beside the open suitcase I had gotten out so I could keep an eye on her. I packed her clothes for a few weeks, we were going to be in there for a while and I just wanted to make sure we had everything she would need. They showed us around a room they'd have us stay in. It's a private room with enough space for her to have some of her toys there. So I had to go pack them up too. 

When I finished packing her clothes Indie woke up so I put her in the sling on my chest so I could walk around the house getting her things together. I pulled the suitcase into the nursery and folded her blanket up two of them just in case one gets dirty. 

once that was done I take the case downstairs and put it at the front door so I could get Ian to take it to the car after his shower. I laid went to the playroom and got her playmat packed away and put that beside the suitcase with a few of her favourite toys. I didn't know what I needed to bring. I didn't know what she would want. 

I left the stuff by the door and Ian came down. "I've ordered Indian." I nodded. "Thanks." "How is she?" "She's just been chatting away with me. "Can you put her things in the car please?" "Yeah I'm just going to call Paul." "Okay." I went and got her nappy bag together and her spear bottles. We were going tomorrow morning. So I kept two out so I could sterilise them in between her feeds from now until morning.