Twenty eight. Cause I trust you

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶
Chapter twenty-eight:
Season 3 Episode 16:
"illuminated"
Part one.

"so

"so...when did you get there"

Rafael McCall sat against Sheriff Stilinski's desk. the sheriff sat in his chair as he watched the detective interrogate the six teens.

"at the same time" Stiles quickly replied.

"same time as who?" Rafael questioned.

"same time as me" Scott added, Stiles pointing to the alpha and nodding. Rafael nodded. "by coincidence?"

"what do you mean coincidence?"

"that's what i'm asking you. the two of you arrived at the same time, was that coincidence"

"a coincidence..." kaitlin muttered under her breath, unfortunately not quiet enough, causing everyone in the room to look to her.

"what was that, miss Jones?"

kaitlin internally froze, quickly looking up to meet Rafael's gaze. she shrugged.

"your sentence didn't make sense...it's 'was that a coincidence', not 'was that coincidence'..." she trailed off, glancing at Scott and Stiles who both held smirks on their lips. Sheriff Stilinski held a small smile on his lips behind the desk.

"it just didn't sound right..."

Rafael nodded slowly, but kaitlin could see the irritation behind his eyes, he sighs.

"noted, thank you"

Kaitlin rolled her eyes subtly, glancing at her brother, who only shrugged.

"the both of you showed up at the same time, was that a coincidence?"

the detective was met with silence from the teens, Scott turns to look at Stiles who wore the same look of confusion as him.