Thirty two. Moment of realisation

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶
Chapter thirty-two:
Season 3 Episode 18:
"Riddled"
Part three.

"ARE YOU SURE you don't want to come with me?" Scott walked through the halls of beacons hills high, a very sleep deprived kaitlin at his side

"I don't think it's a good idea Scott...I mean...I should just go home"

Scott noticed Kaitlins eyes were bloodshot and wired. Worry grew inside him as Kaitlin tightened the grip she had on her backpack.

"Are you sure you're okay? Have you been sleeping?"

"Uhm..." she contemplated her options, tell Scott the truth and risk him telling the others, or just ignore it until he eventually figured it out.

She opted for the latter.

"I was up for a while going over bio notes. Test this week" she flashed a weak smile. "I'm fine Scott"

Scott watched her hesitantly, a silence full of tension surrounding the pair. Kaitlins breaks the silence, clearing her throat and sighing.

"I should get to class, I'll uh...see you later maybe?" Scott nods at her words, a frown on his lips. "Let me know how it goes at the hospital"

With that she was gone. Scott watched his friend walk away, disappearing into a classroom.

Scott felt more stress than ever. He heard her heartbeat and could practically feel the anxiety radiating from her. She was his best friend of more than 10 years, he thought she trusted him.

So why was she lying to him?

***

Kaitlin sat in her home, yet another episode of Greys anatomy playing on her screen. Trying to focus on the episode was proving to be quite difficult.

She sat on her couch in sweats, her hair in a ponytail as she chewed her lip. Despite her clothes, Kaitlin had never been more uncomfortable.

She'd constantly get a chill up her back, hair standing on the back of her neck.

The wind blew rough outside the home. A loud bang frightening the young witch, a new pain making it's way to her head.

Kaitlin closed her eyes tight, rubbing a hand over her forehead. She grabbed the remote and turned down the show, standing up and making her way to the kitchen.

The light was already on when she entered the kitchen, moving to search the cabinets for a glass.

She filled the glass with water and downed the liquid as fast as she could, resting her hands on the countertop, taking a deep breath.

She could hear everything, the wind whistling outside, the water dripping from the tap, the quiet murmurs of doctors diagnosing patients, the subtle sound of metal clanking...

Wait what?

Kaitlin stood straight, turning around slightly and inspecting the kitchen...what the hell was that sound.

"You're gonna hear that noise now..."

It got louder...closer.

"Like a hammer hitting an anvil"

And it got louder again.

It hurt, it physically hurt her head and she couldn't take it, pressure built up in her chest and it felt like she was suffocating.

Was she dying? Was someone trying to kill her? Was this a heart attack...that would explain the pain in her chest...it needed to go, she needed to breathe.
Breathe, Kaitlin, Breathe!

So she screamed, her knees giving out and her body falling to the floor as a bloodcurdling scream left her lungs, the glass on the counter breaking along with her windows.

When she focused again, she gasped, glass scattered on the floor, her kitchen windows completely nonexistent.

She'd done it again, god her mother was going to kill her...but she felt better, she could breathe...

She really wasn't okay and she needed to stop lying to herself about it.

***

JAZMINE SPEAKS
very very short chapter today so sorry. Been super busy with school and work so I'm sorry for lack of updates but take these crumbs heheh

Vote
Comment
Share
Enjoy!