SEVENTEEN

These last few weeks had been crazy, so much had gone on. First there was explaining to my mom that I had broken my ankle then there was an excruciating thanksgiving that I definitely won't forget. Throughout all of this I was still trying to get use to my crutches which was harder than I thought, for the first week I had to have someone near me just in case I fell flat on my arse. Getting around school was the worse it also made it harder to stay around after class with Fin as I was allowed out of classes 5 minutes early to make it easier for me to get around.

Taylor's birthday was fast approaching and by that, I mean it is tomorrow; usually I would have her present sorted but I have been distracted. With being on crutches I have had to make use of the fact that the girls drive or getting buses. The bus to town wasn't that bad and I actually enjoyed it. When I got to the mall, I went to find a mobility scooter just so I could get around without any help.

Taylor was pretty easy to buy for and I knew exactly what I was getting her this year. The fact that I knew was good as the three of us were meeting up later, Taylor had convinced her parents to let her fly out for her college interview early so she could go see her partners. I honestly loved the fact that Taylor's parents were so supportive when most would probably disown their child. Taylor was leaving tomorrow evening so she could spend some of her birthday with her parents. That left this evening for us three to get together and celebrate her turning 18.

My trip to the mall was quick and easy which is exactly what I wanted. When I got home, I wrapped the presents and got ready- Jules was picking me up and she's always early so I had to be prepared. Like I had predicted Jules arrived at my house five minutes earlier than I had told her to. Taylor was waiting for us outside her house with a big grin on her face- someone was clearly excited for tomorrow.

We walked, well I hopped and crawled, up to her room with arms full of presents and snacks. "Okay, okay I'm never not going to find it funny that you crawl upstairs. You look fucking possessed." Taylor laughs.

"I don't crawl upstairs that often, teach carries me quite a bit."

"Jeez, you got that man whipped." She comments.

"I don't he just feels bad that he's partly to blame for this."

"Oh yeah the whole sex sent me to the ER." She remembers.

"You can only poke fun today and tomorrow as its your birthday."

"I'll take that." She laughs.

The three of us lie on Taylor's bed and just do nothing- we catch up and gossip but that's all we do. "They have planned a late birthday dinner for us when I get there, it'll be our first date as proper partners. Then we have two days completely together before my interview- unfortunately, I only have a few hours after my interview with them before I fly back. My parents don't want me missing too much school." Taylor explains her plans for California.

"you're gone three days, how am I supposed to have control in English for three days- you're the main reason I don't jump his bones halfway through the lesson."

"it's three days you'll be fine." Jules says.

"She won't be, they sit there and eye fuck each other across the classroom. It's weird and creepy and I have to stop her after a bit just so people don't get suspicious." Taylor says to Jules.

"Jules is right it will be fine; not like I can do much with a broken ankle." I convince myself.

"How long until you get your cast off?" Taylor asks.

"Well, I'm getting it off just before Christmas so another three weeks."

"three more weeks crawling around." Jules concludes.

"she'll probably be crawling for another reason afterwards." Taylor jokes and I shoot her a death stare. After that comment I decide to stay quiet for a bit and let Taylor tell us more about her plans for the next couple days. By the sound of it she is going to be awful busy and won't be around to talk much. My interview falls on Tuesday so I'll be out of town for the day and then Jules' falls on Wednesday so she plans on trying to meet up with Taylor and fly back together. all three of us will be somewhat busy over the next couple days, which makes today our only us time for a week.

Jules suggests that we do presents, I can tell she's eager to show Taylor what she got her. The two of us both got her joke gifts this year rather than something sentimental. Taylor loved all the gifts that we got her and she assures us that all of them will be getting used at some point in the next few days.

After all the presents had been unwrapped Taylor proposed that we watch some films before we have to leave. Usually, we would have a sleepover but we all had too much to do so it made sense for us to go home. It does suck that we are having less birthday time but we have already said we will do something big for Jules's birthday which is still a few months away so we have time to prepare and brainstorm.

The hours seem to roll by and my curfew was getting closer, "I miss you just staying out until whenever." Jules comments.

"My mom is back so I have to, can't give her more reason to be suspicious." I explain.

"So come next week you'll be out until late again."

"Yeah, because you two will probably be getting me into some sort of trouble."

"Who says it will be us two keeping you occupied until the later hours." Taylor defends.

"Me and I'm always right."

"You're not always right, you see more of him lately than you do us. So, it will be him keeping you out."

"I assure you I will be changing that, you two are my priority now, chicks before dicks and all that shit."

"Chicks before dicks for sure." They both agree.

Grabbing my stuff, I slide down the stairs and make my way to the door, Jules is upstairs just finalising all the plans for the flights back. She comes down with Taylor in tow and we say our goodbyes and happy birthdays before we leave.

Jules drops me off at mine and I slowly make my way up to the door. When I open the door, I am welcomed by my mom who is typing quite aggressively on her laptop- probably some local case that will seriously boost her status. "You know you look ridiculous with those crutches."

"I'm so sorry my broken ankle is an inconvenience to you." I sarcastically say hopping past her and going up stairs.

In my room I chuck my crutches next to my bed and place my phone on the bed. I try to call Fin but it goes to voicemail- which does annoy me a little but I'll probably forget about in a few weeks. "Hi just calling to apologise for cutting our time together short I know you were looking forward to our Friday night sleepover but my mom is in town. I promise next Friday will be much better." If he didn't answer my call then I don't expect to hear back from him until tomorrow and as tomorrow is Sunday I probably won't hear back from him until later on as Sunday is family day in his family.

Reaching over to my closet I grab some clothes to change into then get into bed, I do my best schoolwork at night so I get my laptop out and start on a history essay I have due for Monday. The essay quickly makes me tired so it's not long until I close my laptop and snuggle up in bed.