TWENTY

Tonight, was the town's usual new year's celebration, all that meant was cheap booze, some fairground rides and the same entertainment we have every year. Me and the girls go every year, well for a few hours before we find a better way to bring in the new year. Taylor was bringing her partners along tonight so I could meet them as I haven't had the opportunity yet.

Jules was over at mine and was just wasting time before we had to go meet Taylor. "Nice bling by the way, always nice to treat yourself." It took me a minute to realise that she was talking about my locket.

"Oh yeah it's beautiful."

"Goes perfectly with those hickeys." She jokes which turns my face a deep crimson.

"Oh shut up they aren't that noticeable."

"You keep on telling yourself that." Jules continues to tease me until Taylor arrives and we go to meet her and her partners.

I greet all three of them as I get in the car, I may not have met them yet but I sure do know a lot about them; Taylor loves to talk. It was nice putting names to faces. Taylor explained how they were leaving tomorrow morning so she was spending all the time she could with them before they left. It felt weird that the days of just us three were over but we are all getting older and most of us are in relationships.

When we get to town hall we all get out and go get some token for the rides.

"So are we not going to address Bella's new bling and those hickeys." Taylor remarks.

"I already did but she didn't want to talk about it." Jules states.

"There is nothing to tell."

"Really because whatever happened to make those clearly is worth talking about."

"I agree, teach really went to town." I shot her a glare as I didn't really know if Taylor's partners knew or not, I didn't fancy explaining that to them.

"Oh don't worry we already know; Taylor has told us all about it. I say fair play as long as its all consensual. Guessing by those marks it is very consensual between you two."

"Taylor loves to talk." I joke and they both agree.

"Taylor wants to talk about the bling, no way did you buy yourself that." Taylor says.

"She says she did buy it herself."

"Lies." Taylor argues.

"Fine it was a present." This piqued everyone's interest.

"Ooo, from teach then." Taylor teases and I hit her.

"Yes it is so surprising that girlfriends and boyfriends give each other gifts at Christmas." I sarcastically state.

"We didn't." Taylor states, "we agreed no presents because it is too much hassle."

"No we agreed no presents because when we mentioned it you got too stressed out." Taylor's partner, Alex, corrects.

"Yeah so basically too much hassle." Taylor says.

The five of us continue to wonder around for a bit and I get to know Taylors partners a bit better. Whilst we were wondering around we discussed spring break, which unlike previous years we were not spending it together. Fin's birthday fell during spring break so we had planned to go away for a few days and coincidentally Rowen (Taylors other partner) had her birthday in the same week. Me and Taylor felt bad for leaving Jules alone for the full week so had agreed to at least spend the weekend with her. Spring break was still under three months away but it is best to be prepared.

A few of us were starting to get hungry so we went to go find some food stalls and you'll never guess who wee bumped into. "Hello girls." He greets.

"Hey teach." Taylor greets back and Rowen and Alex both make a face of realisation.

"Surprised to see you here."

"I wasn't going to come but I had a few hours to kill."

"Teach has got a hot date tonight then." Jules teases and Taylor laughs.

"Oh shut up you pair of clowns." I chastise playfully.

"Not really just meeting a few friends for drinks." He lies.

"Okay then."

"I'm going to the bathroom." I state going towards the bathroom in the city hall.

When I finished in the bathroom I was surprised to see Fin waiting by the sinks, "that was a smooth cover up."

"They probably know anyway that we will be together."

"Jules does, Taylor doesn't. If I tell Taylor, Taylor will tell her partners and we are kind of a secret."

"Can tell from class that Taylor loves to talk."

"She does." I agree.

"Suppose we better go before it looks suspicious; I will see you later then." He kisses my cheek as he leaves the bathroom and blends back into the crowd.

I find the others still by the food stands but with food in there hands now, Taylor passed me a churro and said it was the only decent thing that they had. I took this time as a chance to hear Rowen's and Alex's side of how they all ended up together and what actually happened on Taylor's birthday. Whenever I ask Taylor she just changes the subject, so whatever is must be embarrassing. Unfortunately, Rowen and Alex wouldn't tell me either; I will find out one day.

The topic of conversation somehow turned on to college, that reminded Jules that acceptance or rejection letters should be coming soon. Only a few more weeks until the next three years are planned out for us. It is crazy how one later can control the next few years of our lives. Taylor is more stressed than any of us about getting in as if she does it will mean always being close to Rowen and Alex- being close to them is something she is slowly counting down to.

Time ticks by and we all make our excuses and leave to go whatever it is we are ding to bring in the new year. Jules said something about meeting someone for last minute plans somewhere downtown. I already knew what Taylor was doing, actually I knew who Taylor was doing. Fin's apartment wasn't too far from the city hall so I decided to walk; Taylor had offered me a ride but his place was out of her way.

When I get to Fin's apartment I let myself in and head to the kitchen, that's where Fin finds me about five minutes later. He laughs about the first place I go to is the kitchen, he should know by now how important food is to me. Fin tells me that he's set up something on the balcony so we could watch the fireworks go off at midnight.

On the balcony he has set up some cushions and blankets as well as some food. Wrapping myself in one of the blankets I sit down and help myself to some of the food he laid out. Fin knows how to treat a lady, someone definitely taught him right. For an hour we waste time before the fireworks off, we countdown together.

"Happy new year love." He wishes with a kiss which I reciprocate. We pull away just in time to see some of the fireworks. The fireworks were beautiful like always, new years isn't new years without fireworks. I had a feeling this year was going to be a good year; a lot of things were changing but changing for the better. It wouldn't be long until I could finally tell anyone about my boyfriend and there would be no risk in doing so.

"This year is going to be a good year." I voice snuggling into Fin's side.

"I think so too." He agrees kissing my temple.