TWENTY-THREE

Today was already being not my day, heavy snow had cut the electric which means that my phone didn't charge fully during the night. By the time my phone had some charge it was way past when my alarm should've gone off and the only reason I woke up at a decent time was Jules- she called to make sure I as okay which made my ringtone blare through my room. When I answered the phone she told me that I was late and that she was checking on me. After that I managed to get dressed and to school for the last half of first period

My first period teacher was totally understanding of my situation as I wasn't the only to stumble in late. The rest of first and second period went by fine but by the time English came around I was done for the day and ready to go home. I was silently hoping that whatever we had to do today was not too much, however that hope was smashed when I saw a booklet on everyone's desks and this statement made by Fin, "I expect this to be completed by the end of the lesson, if not detention." This was grumpy Fin, that Fin is not one you want to disobey- trust me I know. Something else I knew is that I did not have the energy to complete this booklet.

The only way I could think to get out of it was by pulling the girlfriend card, a card that I rarely pull out during school hours but it needed to be done sometimes- one of those times was now. All I did was send him a text offering him a blow job once we got back to his place tonight. It worked, it even perked him up a bit. Even if I didn't have to finish the booklet I should at least attempt some of it. Just before the bell rang Fin walked around the room handing out detentions to those whose booklets weren't done; he passed mine without saying anything. I could hear Taylor next to me laugh and I'm pretty sure she rolled her eyes.

I stayed with Fin through lunch and met the girls in the next period- today was slowly looking up. At least I thought it was until history where it turns out I forgot my essay, that essay is the only reason I went home yesterday instead of staying at Fin's overnight. The missing essay gave me detention which I had to tell fin about so he knew to expect me later- he said he would wait around for me as the weather was too crazy for me to walk in. In detention I had to rewrite the essay which was stupid as I had already written it I just had forgotten it.

"Hey honey." I laugh walking over to him.

"You seem to be in a better mood than you were earlier."

"Well a night with you is enough to make me cheery."

"Get in then and we can go." He says opening the passenger door for me.

The roads were especially icy today so I made sure not to distract Fin much as he drove. Fin told me not to worry though as he has dealt with Illinois winters before, I had told him he hadn't dealt with these roads before though. He assured me everything was going to be okay, still I didn't distract him. When I noticed something out of the window this whole distraction thing went out the window. "Not to alarm you but there is a truck heading straight for us and I don't know if it is going to stop." I rush out. Fin looks to his side and tries to make the car go faster but with these conditions it was hard to do so.

Closer and closer the truck got. Closer to the car. Closer to hitting us. Then it was too close. Then it went dark. Everything was dark and all I could hear was screeching tires and faint panicked screams. At least people knew and we weren't going to be out here a while. I was finding it hard to stay awake, something was pulling me into the darkness but a part of me didn't want to follow. My screams were drowned out by the sirens coming our way. We rolled a bit so we aren't going to be easy to get to, in fact all I see around me was trees.