ONE

New day, new school year. The school isn't new nor does anything new happen there. It's the same as it's ever been. We'll get a fight every once in a while, but other than that it's a boring school.

I'm not really excited to go back and that was echoed in my outfit. It's not like I've got anyone to impress, it's only school at the end of the day.

With my outfit done I grabbed all my books and headed for the door. Shouting a goodbye as I left, I let the door slam behind me. My walk to school feels like it's a quicker than usual. I wasn't happy when I got to school early.

Turns out today though getting to school early was good, there was a buzz in the halls, everyone was whispering about something or someone. I could only pick out a couple things from their conversations and what I picked out wasn't helpful- all I got was 'new' and 'hot'. That could mean several things. I was hoping for a hot new teacher, so I'd have something to stare at to fill my time. Here's to hoping, all our teachers are all middle aged and menopausal (especially the English teachers, watch out for them).

First stop was to dump the books I wouldn't need in my locker. After that it was off to home room with Mr Siegel. Mr Siegel was the teacher who hated kids and drank copious amounts of coffee. Seeing him was not a highlight of my day, more like a reminder that I had so far to go until I can go home. So, I walked into home room and sat in the back, in my favourite corner.

I sat and waited for everyone else to filter in, the only person who sat near me was Jules my best friend. Don't ask me how the friendship works, because she's miss dress for success, I'm miss I don't give a damn. Polar opposites in every way, yet we have been friends for years. We chat and she fills me in the gossip, Jules fills in the gaps of today's new addition.

The door closes and the room goes silent. "Hi, I'm Mr Henry. Your new homeroom teacher and I'll be teaching some of you English this year." He sounds very deep and gravely and if I'm not mistaken, I hear hints of an accent. He rattles off the attendance, telling everyone to raise their hand so he knows us. "Bella Wilson." I raise my hand and shout here. I decide to finally put a face to the voice.

Let's just say his voice matches his appearance, if he weren't my teacher, he'd be 100% my type. I'd never date a teacher; I wouldn't want to be one of those girls. He rattles off the last few names then stands up. "I know you're all seniors so you all probably want to spend your home room relaxing but sadly some work will have to be done but as it is the first day I'll let you continue talking," cue a chorus of groans.

We all go back to talking with our friends, I turn to Jules and we compare schedules- turns out we have only two lessons and lunch together this year. Also, I have Mr Henry for English, I ask Jules if any of our friends are in there. She tells me Taylor is in there with me, so I won't completely be on my own. The bell goes and we get dismissed.

The first two lessons are easy, we don't do much. Third lesson I have Mr Henry, I find Taylor sat in the back row. See Taylor is like me, sits in the back and hopes for it to end fast. "How long until lunch Bella?"
"Umm 1 hour and counting."
"At least tell me this Mr Henry is nice to look at."
"Half of the school thinks he is but I'm not sure yet."
"Alright guess I'll just see for myself." I nod and listen to Mr Henry introduce himself again and then start the work. He gives us the title of temptation to start us off, he wants to see where our creative writing skills lie.

The perfect idea popped into my head relatively quick and soon it was on the page. For my piece I went for the classic forbidden love, by the time I was adding final details the bell for lunch.

At lunch me and Taylor met up with Jules. We all grabbed our lunches and went to sit down. Taylor and Jules were talking about Mr Henry, so I tuned out, well until my name was mentioned. "He is totally Bella's type." I shook my head.
"He is a teacher may I remind you."
"So what you're 18 in a couple week, I say go get it."
"Not everyone is like you Jules. We all haven't got your confidence."
"Okay, okay but would you if you had the chance?"
"I mean I've always wanted to have sex on a teacher's desk, so maybe. Need to know him before I lust after him." They both nod and our conversation continue with talking about how our days have been.

We have 2 lessons with the three of us then it's just me for the last one. Our last lesson was history which meant watching a documentary to start the new semester theme. This semester we were focusing on US history, which meant an hours long documentary about the revolutionary war. Maybe I should go to sleep.

I was dozing off when the door knocked so I wasn't really paying attention to who was there. "Bella grab your stuff you're going to with Mr Henry." So that's who was here, but now I have to go with him, and I don't know why.

We walked to his classroom which was next door. "I need some help decorating this room and your teacher in there knew you were falling asleep so chose you."
"Fun, what do you want doing?"
"I just need you to pin these up on the back board. That's my senior board so do what you think will attract the others to actually look at it." I nod and get to work pinning the pictures. When it got to some higher places, I had to use a chair. Which Mr Henry loved laughing at. It took me 45 minutes to do the board, so I had 15 minutes to chill. So, I sat back and put my feet up.

"I read your creative writing piece."
"I mean I expect you to, you are my teacher after all."
"Attitude," he scolds, "But anyway what an interesting topic, felt a lot more mature than most in this room. Most of them talked about video games or shoes. I liked the change; it was very detailed and well written."
"When I read temptation that's where my head went."
"felt personal you know, like this was your story- you hiding something or is your imagination just that great?"
"Definitely not hiding anything." We both laugh.

"Right, this has been bugging me all day, I can hear a slight accent in your voice that isn't American."
"Well Bella you are correct that would be my Scottish roots coming through."
"Well that answers my question, heard it this morning and it confused me. All our teachers are American through and through so to hear you speak confused me."
"Your teachers are also friendly, one of them was hitting on me for sure. I don't do older women."
"They can't be much older than you can they?" Mr Henry looked somewhat offended at my comment.
"I'll let you know I'm only 24, so no most of them are double my age."
"I'd still go for someone double my age."
"Think that was evident in your little temptation piece." Again, we laugh.
"Well I've got to go, people to meet things to do."
"If you see that girl you were with tell her that the ice cream scene was not needed." God what did you write Taylor? I nod and say goodbye before leaving.

I meet up with Jules and Taylor and we all go over to my house. When we got in we went straight to my room. 

"Tell me Bella how did your little hang out with Mr Henry go."

"Shut up Jules."

"Wait you got to spend alone time with the hottest teacher in school?"
"Yeah." It was then I realised what I had agreed to.
"So, you do think he's hot." Fun, now we are having this conversation.
"Fine, yes he is a little hot."
"Knew you'd like him."
"So, tell us what you and Mr hottie talked about?" I recalled our conversation to them, they kept exchanging glances. "You tell her Taylor."
"Well miss Bella it seems like that was a little date. You learnt more about each other and spent time alone together. Also, you most definitely flirted."
"It can't be a date we were in school."
"Google says otherwise."
"You know what fuck google and by the way he told me to tell you that the ice cream scene was not needed." She blushed, yeah whatever she wrote was not tame. Taylor went on about her story and Jules then went about some random facts she learnt through the day