THIRTY-SEVEN

Prom fell the week after everything went on and for some reason it got me down. Prom was supposed to be a happy time, yet it only reminded me what I was missing. My dress was his favourite colour and I had bought him a matching tie, the tie sat in the back of my closet next to my dress. Me, Jules, and Taylor decided we would go dateless, we thought it would be more fun that way.

The three of us spent the day being pampered. We deserved the pampering after the last few months. Jules was the only one of who had a good tm the last few months, she had met someone at one of the band concerts and they had hit it off right away- in fact, he even bought her a diamond necklace and earrings to go with her dress. At first Jules tried to say that her parents purchased the items but Taylor and I knew her parents would never do anything like that. After a little prying Taylor and I got the truth about her mysterious lover. Turns out he was a benefactor in our school performing arts department. Jules said that she didn't want to tell us as they didn't know what it was yet- clearly he thought she was special. The diamonds suited her and complemented her dress.

"Woah, someone went full on revenge dress." Taylor jokes as I walk back into my room- we were getting ready at mine as the girls have planned to stay the night plus there are no annoying parents taking pictures.

"This is not a revenge dress, I bought it pre break up."

"it's still the perfect dress to show him what he is missing."

"he'll never see me in this dress."

"All you need to care about right now is that you look hot as fuck."

"You know what I do look hot as fuck."

I didn't realise Jules had left the room during Taylor and I's exchange. Its only when she came running in wielding several bottles of alcohol did I notice.

"To prom, however lonely it may be." She cheers as she cracks open three beers.

"To prom." Taylor and I toast clinking our bottles. Jules continued to perfect her hair as she drank while Taylor just lay on my bed.

"I've been talking to Rowen and Alex again." Taylor drops out of nowhere, "I don't know why but it feels so good to be talking to them again. I've missed them."

"How did this all happen?"

"I visited some of my back up colleges just to see which I wanted to go to and I bumped into Rowen. Then they took me over to say hi to Alex and we've been texting since then."

"How long has this been going on?"

"Only a few weeks, something feels different to last time though. Like a good different, I want to give them a second chance but I don't know if they would like that. I loved them but they broke my heart, I just don't know what to do."

"You know I'm going to do, take this beer away. It seems you get a bit too deep." Jules laughs.

"I've only that one, don't take it away."

"it's being taken."

"Taylor go for it, if you love them trust your heart." I advise.

"You are so correct; I'm going to do it right now." She decides rolling over to grab her phone.

"Maybe not right now, let's go enjoy prom then deal with the messy love life." Jules advises grabbing Taylor's phone.

The three of us squeezed into Jules' car, my dad had offered to get us transport but none of us saw the point. We were perfectly fine to arrive in Jules' second-hand jeep. Turns out we were the only ones who did not choose to have special transport- some people go a bit all out for prom and it's not worth it for a few hours that you won't probably remember. All three of us were impressed by the decorations, the hall leading to the gym were softly lit. The softly lit corridor led to the over decorated gym, assorted colours of streamers hung from the ceiling, it definitely took a bit of adjusting to see it all properly. The committee went really overboard this year. The three of us entered and were ushered over to the photographer.