TWENTY-NINE

Me and Fin had been at his all week together, the only time we were part was when I had to go to school. But the time had come for us to go to Chicago, I had some idea on how this would go but my dad may surprise me and flip out. I wasn't the only one who was nervous, poor Fin had been pacing around the apartment all day stressing. Luckily, I had school to distract me, but he had nothing to distract him. On the way back from school I dropped by mine to grab some stuff and make it look like I had been there all week and not somewhere else. Me and fin met up at his before heading over to the train. The train was the only option, Fin had no car and only one good arm and my dad had back-to-back meetings all afternoon.

The train was short and the closer we got to Chicago the more nervous I got; however, I was not all nerves there was some happiness buried within me. Happy at the thought of being out with my boyfriend without being worried about being caught. My dad would be waiting for us at our usual spot and would be there shortly after our train arrived. Walking through the streets of Chicago felt refreshing, a change of pace and scenery.

When we got to the little café I turned to Fin and gave him one last pep talk. Walking in I spot my dad in the corner pouring over some book. Taking the lead, I lead Fin over to the table.

"Hi dad." I greet breaking him out of his thought.

"Hey kiddo." He greets launching up and hugging me.

"This is Fin, my boyfriend." Those words felt surreal coming out of my mouth. Fin's hand outstretched and my dad met it with a firm shake.

"How about we sit." He offers gesturing to the two empty seats opposite where he was sat.

We start by ordering food as neither me nor Fin have eaten much at all today. The conversation starts light with my dad just wanting to get to know Fin a bit better. It was going well, that's all I wanted. We eat our meals and get ready to leave, but first my dad asks one last question, "so how are you two doing with the whole forbidden relationship? It must be a hard secret to keep." Fin and I exchange a look and I let him talk first.

"I won't lie it is hard but you know we are doing well. No one's lives are completely ruined yet."

"Yeah, I mean it's hard at times but it's also easy at times, we make time for just the two of us which is important."

"If it's hard why do it?"

"We love each other that's why. We want to be together and if this is the only way how then we will do it." Fin explains to my dad, it was a perfect way to describe why we do what we do.

"You two really are serious about one another." He admits getting up. Fin settles the bill and we leave. Dad's apartment isn't far so we just walk back to his. When we get back, I head for the couch and just crash.

It was dark by the time I woke up so I was out for a good while. Waking up I could her two muffled voices in very deep conversation. Both laughed when I eventually came around- I heard a comment about sleeping beauty being thrown around. Fin and my dad were sat on the armchairs talking about something, it had something to do with an article they had both read lately. It didn't surprise me that they got along, everyone liked Fin- it was a fact I had to accept.

The three of us stay in the living room and watch something on tv- I have no clue what it was my dad chose it and I was busy texting the girls about today. They were a bit annoyed it went well- actually only Taylor was. She was hoping for someone to mess up badly so she would have something to laugh about. But nope much to the dislike of Taylor everything went well.

My dad and Fin continued on their conversation which meant I could slip away for a moment and get changed into comfier clothes- I was still in the clothes I went to school in and jeans are in no way comfortable after this many hours of wear. Whilst in my room I put the picture frame of Fin and I on my bed side table- he may be here now but he always won't be able to come. Afterall I will be in Chicago quite often now because of college.

When I went back to the living my dad and Fin didn't realise I had actually been gone for almost five minutes.

"Should I expect to see you two more now she's got into Chicago. Wait you do know about that right?" he asks.

"Yeah, she told me just before her interview and I was there when she opened her acceptance letter."

"Oh, so that's where you were, I thought you were with one of the girls."

"Everything happened in the moment and I ended up at Fin's"

"She was so on edge waiting for you to finish work, I had to distract her with food." Fin laughs. "The wait was worth it though, she seemed over the moon. I even got the whole thing on camera."

"You filmed it?" I ask with genuine surprise.

"Um yeah, just thought it would be something you would want to remember forever."

"Send me over the video, I need to remember that forever. My baby girl got into her dream college." Fin happily sends the video over to my dad and they both watch it back- looks like I've lost my boyfriend to my dad.

Despite my nap I am still tired so I excuse myself to bed, "oh by the way you two are free to both stay in Bella's room. Just no funny business please, I may be on the other side of this place but sound travels." Informs my dad as I walk away. Back in my room I put some of mine and Fins stuff away whilst I wait for Fin to come to bed.

The wait isn't long and Fin is in my room only a couple minutes after I came in. After he's changed, he crawls in bed next to me.

"That went well." I say into his shoulder.

"I have to agree with you there."

"I was not expecting you two to get along so well."

"Neither did I, but turns out we have a lot in common."

"Like what?"

"We both love you." That makes me regret asking and start laughing.

"I know that wasn't meant to be funny, but that was too much cheese." I laugh out.

"I realised that as soon as I said it." He agrees.

"I should just be happy that you get along with one of my parents."

"Your dad is the nice one clearly."

"The nicest, unfortunately you have to deal with my mom still."

"I am so looking forward to it." He jokes.

"Just know my dad will always be on your side unless you hurt me- then he won't be."

"I don't plan on hurting you anytime soon."

"Mhm good." I hum leaning up and kissing him.

We lay in bed for a bit longer just talking about today and how it actually went. The focus of the conversation then goes on to spring break. Spring break coincides with Fin's birthday- spring break is now only three weeks away which feels like nothing. Two almost three weeks being back at school is going to feel like nothing. I had already explained to my dad that I wouldn't be coming up that week like I usually do. Normally spring break is spent with the girls and then a few days with my dad but this year the whole week was Fin and me.

Spring break also happens to be a surprise for Fin as I haven't told him where we are going or what we are doing. When I first told him this, he was not happy but I told him this was his present from me. All I've told him is what to pack and when we are going- that's all he is going to know before we leave. Our leaving date is also the same day we get our casts off, that meant a trip to the doctors before our trip could officially begin. But we both hands we can both have as much fun as possible- there are plenty activities planned where we need both hands.

"Tomorrow I am taking you out on a date." Fin brings up unexpectedly.

"Okay." I agree.

"Dress pretty, I am going to treat you right."

"I look forward to it, now let's sleep."

"Fine, I'll be excited enough for the both of us."

"I am excited, I just want to sleep."

"Fine, goodnight love."

"Night." I whisper back nestling myself into his shoulder.