Chapter 12

I know you all wanted to hear the juicy details of mine and Adams night. In my mind, we went upstairs and ripped each others clothes off. We obviously had steamy sex and then spent the night together and all was well. In reality, we went upstairs and continued the aggressive kissing. He was grabbing all the right places but I started feeling wrong. Feeling like I was neglecting everything I said about myself when I moved to this city. I wouldn't compromise who I was for a guy, wouldn't give it up until marriage or at least to someone I was serious with. So I stopped it, before we got so far I couldn't say no. I could tell Adam was frustrated, sexually of course. But he was a true gentleman about it.

We talked for what felt like hours that night. About real things too. I shared more of my past and my mom and he shared some messed up childhood stories as well. I couldn't begin to imagine having my mom in my life and her being anything but supportive and loving. Adams case was not the same. Turns out his mom and dad got a divorce when he was 11. They were hardly around and just sent him money when he called asking for them. As if that would fix his issues. Now his mom lives in Maui with some young surfing instructor and his dad is in Iowa with his 3rd wife. Wow and I thought I had drama with my dad. 

The next morning I woke up cradled under Adams arm on the couch. Although it was insanely sweet, I had a crick in my neck and I still had on the dress from last night. I tried to move stealthily out of his embrace but that only made him hold me tighter. I could hear him giggle under his breath and I started laughing as well. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you. I have to get out of this dress and ready for a full day of writing and studio time." I sat up and he laid there, looking nothing short of perfect. I then realized he was shirtless. His physique hotter than I imagined in my head. He moved a perfectly toned bicep behind his head and smirked. I'm sure he could tell the dirty thoughts racing through my mind. "It's no problem but if you were trying to keep quite, you move around like a bull in a china shop." We both chuckled and I smacked his beautiful chest.

"Breakfast?" I hopped up fast before he could pull me into his embrace again. I really think I would have a harder time saying no in that moment. I started the coffee pot and moved to the fridge. I had then realized how much I didn't have. I've been eating takeout and living off the coffee shop around the corner. "Hmm, it appears that my fridge is empty. Let me take a quick shower and we can head to my favorite spot. Sound good?" He smiled and shook his head yes. I started for my bedroom as he stood up and showed me just how amazing his body was. Chiseled to perfection. He caught me looking too. With a swift finger run through his hair and a wink.

I closed the door to my bedroom and sat on the edge of my bed. This was a lot to take in. I was Adams girlfriend and he spent the night at my house. We cuddled on my couch and woke up with him shirtless. Never before have I spent the night with a guy. I had to admit it was nice, that's the best I've slept in months. I stood in the shower for what felt like forever and totally forgot I had a gorgeous guy in my apartment waiting for me. I hopped out of the shower and headed for my closet. I had this feeling I wasn't alone. Adam sat on the edge of my bed looking through magazines. Startled of course, I bumped into my dresser which apparently had a knick in it and ripped off my towel. 

So there I stood, naked and wet in front of my boyfriend. My perfectly sculpted, tan boyfriend. I was mortified obviously, I had skipped my bi weekly spray tan and Brazilian wax I let Sarah talk me into. Not to mention, I was a little more on the curvy side so of course I had a muffin top that stuck out a little. Other than that, I had a pretty good set of breasts and my rear end followed in suit. I quickly grabbed my robe and tied it around me and I'm sure my face was every shade of red in the book. He literally couldn't take his eyes off of me, like he was in shock. Great, he thinks i'm disgusting. 

"Wow, I am so embarrassed.. please tell me you didn't see everything." I scrambled to get out of there before I died of permanent humiliation. He slowly walked over to me and grabbed my arm.  He spun me to where we were chest to chest and I could smell his sweet breath. Surely he could hear my heart beating out of my chest. "Grace, every part of you is so beautiful. Why can't you see that? I won't lie and say I didn't see everything. I saw every shape and curve of you amazing body. I didn't want to look away, it made me crave you more." He looked down and blushed a little. Adam was shy? I've never seen him vulnerable. Did my nakedness really make him feel this way? I guess I never expected the intensity that came with being naked in front of someone you really cared about. The attraction was undeniable and I wasn't sure how much longer I could hold out. 

He kissed me hard, passionate. Like it was the last time he would ever kiss me. Wait, it's not right? Surely he isn't breaking up with me. "Adam, wait." Our breath was moving heavily in unison. He slowly moved his finger along my bottom lip and it sent chills down my spine. I wanted so badly for him to rip off that robe and carry me to the bed. Or whatever it is you do when you have sex. But another part of me was scared. Scared that if I gave him the one thing that was so sacred to me, he would be satisfied and leave. I know it sounded silly but I had never given myself to anyone like that and the man that was standing in front of me was everything I was afraid of. Undeniably sexy, confident, driven and knew exactly what he wanted. The complete opposite of me. 

"What's going on in that beautiful head of yours?" He furrowed his brows and tucked my hair behind my ear. I guess I was taking too long to answer. "I just, I'm scared. I know that you know I'm a virign and you completely respect that. And I love that from you but I also scare myself sometimes. I have these wild thoughts in my head that I've never had before. Thoughts about being so passionately intimate with you I get lost in my head. I know that seems like a good thing and it is, I'm just confused. I want to keep my virginity because it's important to me but I also want to feel closer to you." I searched his eyes for an answer. Something he could tell me to make my mind at ease. Or to go for it.

"Grace, I want nothing more than to be intimate with you, trust me. It's all I think about most days. But I never want to be that guy who pushes you to have sex when you aren't ready. I couldn't forgive myself. Let's get dressed, go to breakfast and pick this back up later today yeah?" He smiled and handed me my favorite sweats. How could he be more perfect. Over breakfast we talked about everything. It was like I learned something new about him every time we talked. "Look, as much as I hate it I think you should go to the lunch with Jake. You need to clear the air and make sure he knows where you stand. With me, right?" I took a moment before answering. On one hand, the feelings I had for Jake were something I never had before but they didn't last. He didn't last, he was too afraid of commitment. This, what I have with Adam. it's different and a little fast but I can't deny how I feel about him. Lucky for me, he is always transparent with me about his. I needed that in my life.

"Absolutely, with you always."