Chapter 15

The next morning I woke up alone. The anxiety started to set in. He left, he got what he wanted and he left. That's the only logical explanation. He saw how much of a child I was after we had sex and he was repulsed. Just then my bedroom door opened to Adam carrying in a tray of food. "I wasn't sure exactly what you liked for breakfast so I made it all." He put the tray on my lap and man could he cook. There was French toast, bacon, waffles, eggs and orange juice. Wow, I could cry. "Oh wow Adam. You didn't have to do all of this! Seriously, I could cry. Breakfast food is my weakness."

We both mostly sat in silence while we devoured the buffet of food. I was about to tell him how amazing it was but he beat me to the punch. "Man, I'm stuffed. I want to take you somewhere today. I know you need to get to the studio in a bit so we need to go now. Shower?" Was he asking me to take a shower with him? Butterflies flew around in my stomach at the proposition but I smiled and shook my head yes. "That food was amazing, thank you. I don't think I've ate that much in a hot minute." We both laughed and he started the shower for me, or us? Once it was hot enough he kissed me on the forehead and started to walk out. Call it thinking with my vagina but I grabbed his arm and spun him around to face me. "Join me?" That devilish grin I came to know and love peaked at the corners of his mouth. 

Being naked in front of Adam made me super vulnerable. I had never been naked in front of a man before so this was a lot of pressure. Did he find things about my body he didn't like? That were odd to him? By the way he was studying my body and licking his lips, I'd say no. We made our way into the shower and he started kissing my neck. I lathered both of our bodies and of course things became hotter than the water temperature. Like I said, I'm a lady so I won't be sharing any more details. Let your imagination come up with what happened next. An hour later, we pulled up at this abandoned building in a part of town I didn't recognize. "Oh no, you brought me here to kill me didn't you? Make me your prisoner?" 

He laughed while unlocking the door to the warehouse. Inside were sculptures made out of wood, benches, tables, etc. You name it and it was here. "Wow this is beautiful. Did you make all of this?" He walked over to what looked like his workshop and put on an apron. "Yep, it's sort of like a side thing. I make furniture and sculptures for private buyers. I don't ask what it's for and they don't tell me. I just make whatever they want and get paid. it's really helped me be able to live more financially free. This is my latest project, what do you think?" A beautiful, mahogany live wood bench took up most of the area. It was delicately crafted to perfection. "Wow, this is gorgeous. Who knew you were so good with your hands." I did, I knew that. I winked and moved over to some small wooden figurines. 

I could feel his eyes following me which made sweat fall from my upper lip. Ok, that was actually from it being nine hundred degrees in there. "Who are these for?" I pointed to the cute little wooden guys and he hesitated. "I'm not sure actually. All the memo said was they were for a mom who had lost her children. I put a lot of detail into those for her, wanted them to be special." I smiled at his compassion. What a wonderful heart he had. Just then a knock at the door startled me. "Uh, sorry. I didn't think anyone would be by here." His entire body language changed and I could tell he was pissed. And maybe also scared? He moved quickly to the door, making sure to block my view. I could make out the shadow of a woman and her voice sounded sultry. 

Of course there's another woman, look at Adam. A million thoughts ran through my head as he made his way back to me. His entire demeanor was off. His shoulders were tense and his brow furrowed. "Wh-Who was that?" Seriously Grace? A stutter at a time like this? "Nobody, had the wrong place. I helped her with some directions." He moved back to what he was doing but something was still off. In that moment, I didn't believe him. For the first time, I think he was hiding something. Something in his past maybe? Whatever it was, it was secretive and I didn't like that. I decided to be bold, or dumb and push the envelope a little more.