Chapter 20

Today was a new day. I woke up early to start searching for apartments. The sooner we got out of here, the better. I found some really nice places in our price range and had already called a couple studios down there who were interested in my work. Things were already starting to look up. By the time Adam woke up, I had narrowed my search down to three apartments. "Hey sleepy head, breakfast on the counter. I've been very busy this morning finding apartments and calling studios. I've narrowed it down to these three." He walked over and sat down next to me. I handed him the computer and he looked very serious. "Awesome, let's go down this weekend and check them out. Look for a hotel room close by, I'm buying." He wiggled his eyebrows and winked.

Later that day, I mustered up the courage to go into the studio. I had to tell them I was leaving sooner or later. We had two days until the weekend and I booked the hotel before we left. I tried to talk Adam into staying back so he could rest but he refused to let me go alone. He also wanted to talk to them face to face. "So yeah, that's our story. I know you guys had heard about Jake already and Tony told me security was set in place. Which is so sweet but neither of us will be able to move forward while we're still here. There's too much risk and too much tied to him." Janie and I chatted a little more while Adam looked around the studio at the security cameras and bodyguards out front. "How are you guys holding up? I can't imagine going through something like that twice and still being able to function." I knew she didn't mean anything by it but I took offense. 

"We have each other. And we can't stay cooped up in the apartment forever. They have Jake on a psychiatric lockdown and I'm just going to pray that's enough. We have to move on with our lives or I will be stuck here forever looking over my shoulder." We said our goodbyes and Adam cleaned out his office. This was good, we're taking the right steps forward. I hope. We grabbed some food before heading back to the apartment and I called and told Sarah what was happening. Trust me, she wasn't happy. But I assured her it was only a couple hour drive. Back at the apartment, I pulled the new places up again and studied them more. I guess looking for something wrong? I really did want to move and get away but I was also nervous. What if one day Adam got tired of me and left me. Then I would be all alone in a big city. I knew it wasn't healthy to think that way and I guess he noticed I was thinking a little too hard. 

"Babe, you okay? You've been a little distant since we got back." I placed the laptop on the coffee table and adjusted my sitting. "I know this sounds silly but you're never going to get tired of me are you? I mean I know we will have arguments and silly things but you won't leave right? I know that makes me sound extremely insecure but I don't care. I love you so much Adam and I couldn't imagine my life without you. Promise me that no matter what happens in our relationship from here on out, we will fight for each other." He smiled and cupped my face in his hands. "I think by now you should know I'd do anything for our relationship. I love you more than you know and don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon." Those words were all I needed to hear to feel better. 

I'll spare you all the boring details of the next couple days. It involved a lot of sleeping, writing and takeout. The day finally came for us to take our weekend trip to LA and I couldn't be more excited. We made sure we had all of the essentials packed and headed out the door. "You know we're only staying for 3 days right? Like you didn't need to suitcases." We both laughed and he shoved the luggage in the trunk of my car. "I'm a woman Adam. I need options. There's also hair products and makeup in there." It felt so nice to get away with Adam. A change of scenery this weekend is just what we needed. He had installed security cameras in the apartment before we left so we could keep an eye on it. Couldn't be too careful these days. 

When we arrived at the hotel it was even prettier than the pictures. It was right on the strip and located close by to the studio I had chosen. It came with high reviews and of course many A list celebrities recorded there. The apartments I had found were more on the outskirts of LA, which was exactly what I was looking for. I didn't want to live right in the hustle and bustle of the city. After taking our things up to the room (and some fresh hotel sex) we headed to the studio I was telling Adam about. Walking downtown and feeling the sun on my face, I felt like I belonged. Like this is where I was supposed to be in the first place. The receptionist welcomed us with a bottle of wine and sent us upstairs to talk with the head of communications. He was a tall, dark haired man. To my surprise he actually looked pretty young. Not too bad looking either.