Chapter 17

Blaring music and strobe lights moved around me as we made our way to the bar. Sarah walked right in without having to wait in line. I guess it did pay off when you were sleeping with the bouncer. She handed me something in a shot glass and I downed it without thinking about it. It burned all the way down but made me somewhat more loose. Just then Get Low by Lil Jon came on and Sarah screamed. "Oh hell yes! This is my jam, let's go!" We made our way to the dance floor and she started swaying her hips and doing her thing. I wasn't a terrible dancer but I had never danced to this kind of music before I started hanging out with Sarah more. I tried to mimic her moves but I just felt silly. Just as I was about to walk away I felt a hand on my hip.

"Come here often?" I swung around to see Jake standing behind me. Great, this will go over so well with Adam. "Uh, no. Sarah drug me out tonight." I half smiled while tugging at my super short dress. He seemed to really like the get up I was wearing. On account of not being able to take his eyes off my body. "Wow, you look so amazing. I'm glad I ran into you. I wasn't done with our conversation from earlier today. Can we find somewhere not as loud to talk?" No Grace, don't do it. Just go get another drink and say you have to pee. "Um, sure I guess so." Ugh, why was I so inviting to him. "Here, let me grab you a drink. Head over to that couch back there. I rented it for the night." Rented it? How often did he come here?

A couple minutes later he was handing me something red with an olive in it. "It's good trust me, fruity." He smiled and raised his glass to mine as a toast. "To new beginnings." I returned the clink and downed my fruity liquid. Wasn't half bad, a little strong. I adjusted my dress again and caught him staring at my...well you know. "So what else did you need to say?" I started slurring my words a bit but figured it was because I had a shot and now whatever this is. I never drank so I was sort of a light weight. He started talking but I couldn't really hear him, man this drink was good. I finished it and sat it on the table. Wait, something isn't right. I don't think I should feel this drunk already. Everything started spinning and all I could make out was Jake's face. He started to come towards me and everything went black.

I woke up lying on a bed, his bed. I recognized his apartment and sat up quickly. Big mistake. The room started spinning and I laid back down. I also then took notice of what I was wearing, nothing. Completely naked on Jake's bed. Oh no, did we? Just then he came back into the room with nothing but boxers on. I tried to cover up but he jumped on top of me and pinned me down. "Jake, what the hell is going on? What am I doing here and what did you do to me?" I started to panic but he just smiled this creepy, devilish smile. "Adam doesn't deserve you Grace. Look at you, so perfect and beautiful. He would destroy your heart and I can't have that. So I've decided to leave for Australia tomorrow and you're coming with me." He acted like he was so happy and like I should be so happy as well.

"Have you lost your mind? I'm not going anywhere with you! Sarah will be looking for me any minute. What has gotten into you?" I tried to wiggle free of his grip but he was stronger than me, especially since I was just now coming off of whatever he put in my drink. "Oh come on babe, it'll be fun. You'll love Aussie, so romantic. Besides, I've already booked our flights. As for Sarah, I sent in some reinforcements to make sure she's occupied for the night. She won't be looking for you until we're long gone." He scraped his eyes down my body and started to kiss my neck. "Jake, please don't do this. You're better than this. Kidnapping me and forcing me to love you is never going to work. Please just let me go and we can talk about this." I tried to wiggle free again but he tightened his grip.

"Talking really doesn't do anything but make me more angry. It's our first time making love together and I don't want to ruin the moment. Just relax babe. I've wanted this since we met. I would watch you through a camera I installed in your bedroom and dream about being there with you. Then when I saw you gave it up to Adam I went crazy. I could see you two falling in love and I couldn't handle it anymore. You are mine Grace. Always and forever." As if that was supposed to be some romantic gesture. I surely had to be dreaming. Yep that's it, I would wake up any minute now back in my bed. Except this wasn't a dream, this was my reality. Jake was a psycho and I had no way out of there. Not in this state.