Chapter 5

Since our date, Jake and I have been rather close at the studio and elsewhere. He makes me incredibly nervous and I don't even want to think about all the women he's probably been with. Pushing that to the back of my mind, I made breakfast for Sarah and I. It was time for me to tell her I found an apartment closer to the studio and I would be moving in there next week.

"Good morning superstar!" She bounced through the house wearing nothing but what looked like a mans t shirt and undies. "Sarah, who's shirt is that?" She gave me an evil grin and poured herself some coffee. "His name is Chaz. I met him at the club last night and well one thing led to another." She smiled again as he walked out in nothing but a towel. I have to admit he was pretty cute. If you liked stoner types. Hey I wasn't judging, just making an assumption.

"Hi, I'm Chaz." He shook his wet shaggy hair and ran his fingers through it. He was standing in front of me half naked with his hand stretched out. I slowly took it and blushed. "Grace." He gave me a small smile and kissed Sarah on the cheek. "I'm going to get dressed then we can go." She smiled and hopped down from the counter. "Go where?" I glared at her. "We're going to breakfast then he's taking me to some farmers market on the east side." She bit her bottom lip and for once I could see she really liked this guy.

"Sarah, how long have you know this guy?" She said she met him at the club last night but judging by the way she was acting i would say she's been seeing him longer. "Well, we met at club Crisco one night about a week ago and just really hit things off. He's such a gentleman and he's soooo hot! We tried to take things slow but I can't keep my hands off of him!" She giggled and took a sip of her coffee. "Well then I'm really happy for you! Just be careful ok. I'm not trying to be Debby downer but how many Chaz' have you had in your day?"

She glared at me for a minute but softened her look. "I know, I know. But there's something different about this one. Trust me." We exchanged smiles as she left to get dressed. I totally forgot I made her breakfast and there was way more French toast and bacon than I could eat for myself. Just then I had an idea, an idea that I was probably crazy for. I pulled out my phone and started to text Jake.

G- Hey! So my roomie just left with some guy leaving me with way too much breakfast to eat. Interested?
J- sounds perfect! Just text me the address and I'll be over soon. ;)

My heart sank into my butt as butterflies swam around in my stomach. Holy cow, did I know what I was doing? I didn't want to lead him on because I was definitely not ready for sex but I couldn't help myself. I wanted to spend every waking moment with this man. He ignited feelings inside of me I didn't even know existed. After Sarah and her man left i ran in the bathroom to try and tame my hair. It was 9:30 in the morning so I didn't want to put on actual clothes. I settled on some black leggings and an oversized shirt. Putting on mascara and lip tint only. Okay, I looked decent. Like I had just woke up but still put together.

The door bell rang as I was finishing my hair and I jumped. Of course it was him but I was so nervous inviting him over. I swung open the door and he was standing there with fresh daisies. There's no way he knew those were my favorite. "Oh wow these are beautiful! And my favorite flower." I took them into the kitchen and found a vase. He slowly followed me with his hands in his pockets grinning. "Are you okay?" I raised an eyebrow at him and heated up the French toast.

  He sat down at the bar and folded his hands in front of him. "Look love, there's no easy way to say this. My mom back home in Australia is really sick. She has stage 3 cancer and it seems to be getting worse. I have no choice but to go back home and take care of her. I'm not sure for how long but it could be months to years.." his voice trailed off at the end and he hadn't even looked up at me yet. I stood there with a shocked look on my face and finally opened my mouth. "Oh my gosh Jake I'm so sorry. I had no idea. Of course you have to go, it's your mom."

  I walked over and pulled him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in tighter. Trying to shut my thoughts about how amazing his embrace felt off. I didn't know what was wrong with me but I couldn't stop thinking about how I wanted to jump on him right here and now. Get it together Grace! You're a virgin who is happily waiting until marriage remember?? I shook my head and pulled back a little, only making him frown. Oh my gosh, I didn't realize how beautiful his eyes were. Snap out of it girl, before you do something you'll regret.

  He looked at me with blood shot eyes, I could tell he's been crying. I wiped away a single tear that started to fall down his face as he cupped my cheeks. He pulled me in for a super passionate kiss and my hands found their way in his hair. What. Was. I. Doing. It was more of a statement than a question I was asking myself. I knew exactly what I was doing. I couldn't explain it but I felt so comfortable and safe in his arms. He could tell me to steal a car in that moment and I would. He started to run his hand down my waist and gripped my thigh.

  I pulled back to look at him, his lips still pink and swollen from our kiss. He looked at me with wild, hungry eyes and I knew if I didn't step back I would end up doing something I liked but regretted. He quickly looked away, his cheeks turning red. "I'm sorry Grace, I know you said you wanted to wait to have sex and here I am groping you in the kitchen." He nervously laughed and ran his fingers through his hair. I walked back over to where the French toast was now burnt because I got distracted.

  I turned around to show him and we both laughed. "Maybe we should just go out for breakfast." I tucked my hair behind my ear and completely ignored what he said. It's not that I didn't want to answer him I just didn't trust what I would've said in that moment. He nodded his head in agreement and we headed for the door. Maybe we needed to slow things down a bit, I really liked him but maybe him going away was a sign.