⁰⁰² | takoyaki and ice-cream

double update ;)

Two days later, V received a call from Assemblyman Jung's Manager Mr. Kim asking him to give a detailed report on what he had found out about Han Roa.

When V simply said he had not found out anything relevant, Assemblyman Jung exploded with impatience and demanded to see V right away in his office.

V also had a massive ego, which is why he responded simply, "I don't go to my client's office. If they wish to speak to me, they come to Jeo Group themselves."

His shocking audacity left Assemblyman Jung blubbering in rage at the other end of the line while V calmly placed the receiver back and turned his gaze back to the picture on his study-desk that he had clicked of Roa in her living room.

He had luckily found a way to watch her comfortably by climbing into the neighbor's fire escape that was right next to Roa's balcony.

She had her studious glasses on, her favourite Captain America T-shirt with black pyjamas and fluffy white bunny flip-flops with those cute furry ears that she had spent at least five minutes squishing when she sat bored on the couch watching TV.

She was sighing a lot to herself as if she couldn't focus and V couldn't tell why.

At some point she had then fallen asleep curled into a little ball and her roommate Jeon Jungkook dumped her into her bed after safely removing her glasses off.

V would be lying if he said he hadn't tensed up a little bit at the appearance of the ripped, sweaty roommate with his exceptionally good looks clad in gym-fits kneeling by the bed and doing something in the dark V couldn't even tell because by the time he put his night vision goggles on, Jungkook had already left the room.

Well, Jungkook was actually yelling at Roa for sleeping carelessly because this would have to be the third pair of glasses in the month she would have broken had he not been around to get it off her stupid face. To which she smacked his head and told him to shut up and let her sleep.

She had done nothing out of ordinary in the days V spent watching her.

And Jeon Jungkook wasn't often home either during the week.

He went to the same university as Roa, though different fields, and he was actually just as much as a nerd as her. Except that he was obsessed with working out too, so he spent 2 hours at week nights to work out in the apartment gym at the top-floor and came home late to find Roa usually asleep.

If V had been assigned a mission to directly kill the girl, then he wouldn't even bother staying in her blind spot (at the fire-escape), but since for now he was asked to stalk and be stealthy and get rid of the evidence and look for the stupid pen drive, it had gotten a lot messy and frustratingly tough.

First of all, there had been not a peek of the pen drive in the last two days, so when the week ended and Assemblyman Jung stormed into the cabin and asked why V was doing such a lousy job of not reporting what was going on and had provided such insufficient data on Roa, V's cold eyes seemed to spark an icy fire within, fierce enough to turn the universe to ashes.

Especially when Assemblyman Jung threw down the folder V had created with pictures of Roa in it innocently carrying out her everyday normal activities.