⁰⁰³ | strangers in the night

The song that inspired me to come up with this book concept was somehow "Strangers In The Night" by Frank Sinatra^

has a reference in this chapter so give it a listen~👻
_____________________________

After Jung left the cabin, V had turned to Lin to raise a brow coldly.

"Didn't Mr. Jung ask for it to be done within a month? What's the urgency?"

Not like he had any problem hurrying it, but he hated it when people violated their own terms after signing a contract.
He remembers particularly it stated the job be done "within a month" when he had signed the papers. Then this was crossing the line if Mr. Jung thought threatening V was going to make the agent budge.

Hitmen were scary and even Jung knew that.

They had connections rooted not only with notorious Yakuzas, Russian spies, mafia men and politicians, but they also were friends with the law.
Which meant, V had more authority than Jung if we really were talking about power.

Jung was aware hitmen never got caught, especially those belonging to Jeo Group because of how skillful they were in their job.

In fact they had the cleanest records, with not even a parking ticket in their name, let alone ever getting under the police's radar.

They were dangerous for the exact same reason that nobody would ever suspect them for a crime.

They could pass by you having a normal day, paying for donuts and later playing baseball with some friends before joining the group at night to carry out a dark mission and you wouldn't ever know the man who tipped you this evening so generously with his charming, kind smile...actually killed people for a living.

They were that dangerously normal.

Speaking of which, V was trained professionally in all sorts of martial arts from Kung Fu, Taekwondo, Karate, Judo, Jujutsu, Aikido, Sumo wrestling etc and he still would sharpen his skills five times a week to stay at the top of the hierarchy.

Everybody knew what V was.

He was the best man.

So did Jung really say he would destroy V?

Was Jung aware, had V wanted, he would have ripped Jung's throat apart right that instant if he wanted to with his bare hands before those words would leave Jung's fat mouth?

It was just, V was too professional so it was hard to anger him because he knew cursing and raging like a bull did not pay his bills.

Plus, since he meditated every single day, worked out and drank calming tea and consumed ginseng in sufficient doses, he was taking way too good care of himself in every way possible.

Even if it was dangerous to get on his nerves, at the same time it would take a lot to get on his nerves.

And if Jung tried to get on them again, V had enough in him to calmly murder Jung in cold blood the very next day and dispose his body off so smoothly, nobody would ever guess where the politician had suddenly gone off to.

But V, of course, was not here to make enemies.

He was here to make money and use his serial killer tendencies to his advantage, turn it into a career and monetize his psychotic desires.

And boy, was he succeeding at it with flying colours.

V was not lazy at all, and no client had ever treated him with such disrespect. Jung was getting in V's black list, and once he would get there, he would be so sorry.