⁰⁰⁹ | i'm so dead

Jungkook doesn't even remember how many traffic rules he broke on his way back home, but then he found himself knocking on Jae's door.

Drenched in sweat, dread and fury.

The door sprung open and Jae greeted him by showing him the initial, "What's going on? Who was at my apartment and how did they get in?" he asked.

But Jungkook brushed him aside as he stepped into the apartment and went to the window to check the fire-escape. It was properly locked again, nothing out of place.

But he was sure someone broke into the apartment through the fire-escape.

He wished he had believed Roa when she got suspicious of the neighbour. Damn it.

"I'm so dead," Jungkook muttered as he gripped his hair and paced the house hurriedly before walking to the door again and fishing his pocket for his keys, "Jae, you're such a fool!" he yelled, shifting the blame.

Jae was confused but he didn't argue, "Well, you're not wrong, but what's going on?"

Jungkook was quiet again as he ran to his apartment and Jae followed as both entered the house and looked around the place. "A few weeks back, someone broke into our apartment. When we were sitting for our exams, Roa and I. They came with this device that could specifically locate pen drives or whatever crap it is and they were buzzing it around the house checking for something. High-tech thingies.." Jungkook explained as he began to look into every nook and cranny.

Jae didn't say anything as he lostly shuffled into the hall and bit his lip anxiously, "Okay, wait what?" he finally asked.

Jae's eyes quickly bulged out of their sockets when he found Jungkook pointing a gun at his head. "Wha—?!"

"I'm trusting you because we've been friends since school, you promise you don't tell this to anybody?" Jungkook asked threateningly, clicking the safety off the gun.

Jae got his hands up in surrender slowly. His eyebrows shooting up to his forehead.

"Bro, I've been emotionally broken for so long, I don't even talk to my own reflection."

Jungkook sighed as he tucked the gun back into his belt.

"So, I had this cute friend in Busan, Han Roa, I met her every summer vacations. Eventually, two years back her dad gave me a part time job and I was basically stationed to watch over her. To keep her safe, he sent her with me to Itaewon and admitted her to the same uni as me and we have been living together for some time so I could personally protect her. But I fucked up, man. I left for another errand and now she's...she's—she's just gone!"

Jae carefully watched Jungkook's face turn pink with anger and frustration.

"So...are you dating her?" He asked slowly as his eyes followed Jungkook while the guy continued fumbling through the clothes and shelves etc to search for something.

"You sounded like you like her-"

Jungkook exhaled noisily through his nostrils, a trace of guilt flashing through his eyes as he glanced at Jae before moving on ahead into Roa's room.

"Well, I'm not supposed to..." he mumbled as he ran forward and picked the jug off the ground. "But, I kinda did develop a crush over her but...ugh, but that's not the point! The thing is..." he goes to the washing machine and slides his hand into the drier to check for the jeans.

Pulling it out, he pats the pockets, "whatever device she's been given to keep safe was not supposed to leave this house and I think," he double-checks,
"...now that's gone too!"