⁰⁰⁵ | monster under the bed

-early update cuz ima prolly work on venom update next so-

****

Early morning, the next day, V delivered the gift-boxes to Assemblyman along with the device in which he had copied all of the data.

All the recipients of the email dead and disposed off.

"Perfect. Did you kill the bitch?"

"The target had guests over last night," V lied, "consider them assassinated by tonight."

"Good...go..od—V," the man could barely speak. "Listennnn"

"Yes?" V's fist flexed impatiently, honeyed neck and forehead glistening with sweat as he stopped kicking the karate wood and paused to listen attentively.

His chest rose and fell with every heavy breath, his grey tracksuit dampened from all the workout and training he was up to in his personal well-organized gym. Hair clung to his forehead with sweat and his body was still hot with all the activity.

"I want...the gift-box y'know...'er—'er...hand," Assemblyman slurred through the phone, a glass of celebratory champagne clutched in his meaty hand, "Not just...the fingerrrrr"

"Will be done," V responded, ready to disconnect when Assemblyman made another ridiculous demand.

"And have...*hic*—have fun wither if youuu want haaha, yaknowhat I mean—She's...she'sssss yours, young man"

"You have a good night, Mr. Jung." V disconnected the call and removed his earpiece, resisting the urge to heave the contents of his stomach.

He sat down for a moment on the bench of his gym, throwing his head into his cold hands and trying to figure out what was happening to his mind.

Why did he postpone killing the girl? He has never done that before, is he crazy? What does it matter if she was smiling?

He's killed off thousands of people world-wide and never has it mattered whether they were smiling, crying, laughing, using the restroom, having sexual intercourse or eating or drinking.

In whatever act he found them, he never bothered waiting. It was even easier to kill if they were on prescribed medications.

He would simply kill them with drug overdose.

He had killed tons of people right then and there and sometimes their company too, if there was one or two. The only time he postponed was when his target hung around in public too much and made it impossible for him to be stealthy.

This was ridiculous.

He has to do it tonight.

That's what he thought as he stood at the fire-escape as usual. Now in more casual clothing. A basic black button-down shirt, but all buttons opened to reveal the black T-shirt within tucked into his faded jeans, fluffy black hair messy and falling into a soft crown around his forehead.

The clock was ticking, the sun had begun to set.

A golden fire crackled through the skies with clouds like puffs of white cotton candy scattered along the horizon, black specks of birds sprinkled across the vast skies and as his gaze lowered to the neighbor's window, Roa was there again.