⁰⁰⁸ | banana and nuts

There was not a single fingerprint.

Nor a single trail.

That's what a deep husky voice had been informing over the phone call to the boss as the tall, lanky figure of the man clad in crisp dark blue suit navigated through Roa's suspiciously super clean, sparkly apartment in its haunting vacancy. Leather shoes padding softly against the ivory marble floors of her bedroom.

He pursed his plump lips, causing a dimple to sink into his smooth cheek as he picked the jug of water by Roa's bed.

Hesitating a little, he then swiftly sniffed the vessel. Spiked? He's crazy to be checking it out like that.

But anyway.

Nope. V made sure to clean that out as well.

"No signs of struggle...nothing disturbed...if there was intention for murder, we are still investigating. Our agents have been dispatch-"

He stopped talking when someone on the other end of the line sucked in a sharp, annoyed breath.

"My Roa did not even fight back?"

That slow, spine-tingling rasp made dread-filled pearls of sweat to collect on the listener's eyebrow.

"Is that what you're saying?"

"Yes Chief..the...err, the room's untouched, the house is untouched...there's just not a single trail and I've been looking for an hour." Namjoon replied, his nervous but exotic eyes scanning the room for a lil something helpful for the investigation.

"And you're telling me all the guards I employed to watch my daughter..they all died? All ten of them?"

"Within a day, yes." Namjoon closed his eyes dreadfully, "All ten of them."

He was still anxiously nibbling his bottom lip as he heard an exasperated exhalation on the other side.

"So you're telling me, the ones covering day and night shifts both batches were found and killed in the one and the same day? And you didn't know about it until a week later?"

Namjoon gulped, heart sinking at that dangerously low tone of voice.

He batted his eyelids nervously.

"It's uh...s-someone highly skilled. Sir. Given it's your daughter, they wouldn't hire a layman."

"You sound impressed, Mr. Kim. Perhaps, you'll be sending a basket of confectionary as the new fanboy to this professional, I take it?"

Namjoon knew what was coming. He was just hoping Chief would not ask to see him in one of those cursed "meetings." He gulped again.
His throat was so dry, any voice barely came out.

"No, Chief. I am obviously shocked. And infuriated. Our best men died. Lucas...he—he was my close friend. Miss Roa..." he took a moment to swallow dry harshly.

"Miss Roa i-is missing. I couldn't be any more ang—rier."

"But who takes responsibility, my friend?"