3. Mondays Suck

I hate Mondays.

The weekend was so long and I didn't see Peggy at all on Friday, not that I was trying to... I just thought I might bump into her or something.

Luckily it was already lunchtime. So I might just pass by her office to see if she's there.

I made my way up the stairs then started walking towards her office and sure enough, she was there.

It looked like she was watching some old documentary.

Well, I say old but it's just in black and white and to me that automatically means old.

I hadn't planned what I was gonna do if she was in there.

To be honest I'd expected her to not be here.

Although I had run out of options because she'd noticed me standing outside the door and waved me to come in.

Well, this is rather awkward I've just been standing outside staring at the woman for god knows how long.

I slowly opened the door. "Hi..." I said nervously.

She patted the chair next to her to say sit down.

Obviously, I sat I'm so lazy man.

I suddenly started chuckling at a joke I remembered, probably looking like an absolute muppet.

Peggy just looked at me baffled. 

"What are you laughing at?" She looked a tad concerned.

"I remembered something funny," I replied, still greatly amused by my comedic genius. 

"What was it?"

Watch how she won't even laugh.

"Okay, what do you call a deer with no eyes?" I said trying not to laugh early.

She raised her eyebrow and nodded waiting for me to continue.

"No eye-deer," I said trying so hard not to laugh so I didn't look like an idiot.

"Oh lord." She shook her head disapprovingly.

"Listen, I know I'm not funny, but you gotta admit, that was funny," I replied with sas.

"You are funny Logi...but that one was terrible." She smiled before going back to her movie thing. 

Logi huh? That's a new one.

I think she got bored of it because she's just paused the bloody film to check her emails. I was really getting into it as well.

Okay no wait, she's done. Great, now play the film.

No, stop checking your damn emails.

I swear to god, If this woman doesn't press play I'm gonna do it for her.

She eventually played the movie and all my worries went away.

I found out what Benji was holding in his sock. Turns out it was a pistol, how lovely. 

It'd only been about 5 minutes since Benji's sock reveal when Peggy decided to spin around to face me, looking all serious like she was a mob boss or something.

Oh god, Benji's gone to her head. Quick, someone check her sock!

"So Logan, what brings you to my office."

Okay, we're good. She's totally fine.

"I don't actually know. I just started walking and ended up here." I shrugged.

"Aww, you missed me." She said, putting on a very patronising voice.

I just blankly stared at her.

"Fine. I guess I missed you." I finally admitted.

She looked rather pleased with herself. "Well, I am pretty great." She shrugged.

"Are you now?" I challenged. 

She spun back to look at me, shocked, "Do you disagree?"

"Hmm." I pretended to think.

She raised her eyebrow trying to be intimidating.

Damn, that's kinda hot.

I lost my train of thought just looking at Peggy's expression.

"Well?" she continued, still trying to be intimidating, still failing. 

"Peggy, you are brilliant," I responded.

She seemed to blush at that. 

"Also...you can't intimidate me," I added.

"Why not?" She retorted, slightly offended.

Part of me thought, because you're too adorable you doughnut. But I thought I'd try something else. 

"You can't punish me, Peggy." 

"Can't I now? Well, we'll see about that." She smirked.

"Mhm? And what are you gonna do?" I challenged leaning in closer to her.

How have I got this far without getting my ass beat?

"You'll find out." She smirked copying my movement.

Does she know how incredibly close we are right now?

The bell rang for last lesson and we both jumped away.

What the fuck was that?

"Right, you'd better get to class or you'll be late," Peggy said, almost as startled as me.

"Or I could just hang out with you," I replied.

I'm guessing she has a free period because she didn't bother getting up.

"You know I'd love to let you stay but I don't want you to get detention." She half-smiled. 

"How about you give me detention, that way I can't go to any others," I suggested.

I am one smart cookie. 

"You haven't done anything for me to give you one."

Uhh, I'm pretty sure I have Peggy. But if you need a reason I'm sure I can come up with something.

"Stop thinking of things to do, I'm sure I'll be giving you detention at some point. That doesn't mean you can just deliberately do things to get them." She gave me her stern face so I put my hands up to surrender.

"Fine, I'll leave you be. Enjoy your free period, don't miss me too much." I smirked.

Peggy shook her head, "You should visit me more often." She smiled.

"Same time tomorrow?" I winked. 

"Sure, now go on get to class." She shook her head laughing to herself. 

"Bye Peggy," I said on my way out. 

"Bye Logi." I heard her reply before I shut the door and disappeared into the crowd.

Man, this is great. I have someone to hang out with at lunch now.

I hate hanging out with the people in my year because I got held back twice...

First in primary school and then in high school due to not bothering to come in.Which means everyone is way younger than me.

It's rather strange, to be honest. The rest of my year is celebrating turning 15, meanwhile, I've just turned 17 in September.

At least I'm not a minor. Although I'm pretty sure Peggy is like 22 or something. I think I remember someone asking her how old she was.

I'd had Peggy for History last year too but we really didn't get along, I couldn't stand the woman.

I tried to keep out of her way as best I could. It's a shame really, I missed out on some good chats.

If only I'd have given her a chance, maybe I wouldn't have gotten so annoyed by her.

Let's face it, I am most likely going to skip doing any homework this week so at least I'll get detention for that.

God, I can't wait till it's Thursday again.