14. Positions

I can't stop thinking about Peggy since I kissed her. I'm not gonna lie though, I have been avoiding her. I'm not entirely sure if she still feels the same as she did the other day... I'm scared she's thought about what happened and changed her mind, it's not like she hasn't done it before. But today was Thursday so I can't avoid her any longer.

I spent about 2 hours procrastinating and came in at break, hiding out in my spot at the other end of the school to avoid Peggy. I'd been the first one in the lunchroom, Maria joining me after a few minutes.

"Hey Gray, are you alright? You didn't come in this morning." She smiled. I don't know what it is about Maria but sometimes she really pisses me off.

"Yeah, I'm fine I was just sleeping." Oh and limiting the chance of running into Peggy before I was ready to face her, it'd already taken me 2 days to muster up the courage.

"Oh fair enough." She smiled.

Max soon came into the room, joining the conversation. We didn't talk about much, I just kind of sat there pretending to listen to what they were saying whilst thinking of excuses to not go to History.

"Hey, Miss Lois is here," Max whispered to me.

Oh no... I had my back to the door so I couldn't see her walk in. If I'd have known she was coming I would have jumped out the window. It was only about a 3-foot drop and I've done it plenty of times before. I bowed my head down, praying she doesn't see me. I crossed just about every limb I had for extra good luck.

"She's walking over here Gray," Max whispered again.

I flinched as I heard her footsteps getting louder. Oh god, I'm gonna die. This is it guys, it was nice knowing you all. I'll have invites to my funeral sent out by Monday.

"Hey, Miss." Maria smiled. I swear to god.

"Hello Maria, can I borrow Logan for a few minutes?" Oh god, she's seen me.

Why thank you universe. You know, I was really hoping she'd force me to face her. I don't even want anywhere to run, just lock me in a room with her and throw away the key! I hate my life.

I groaned and pouted at Max mouthing 'Help me.'
She just bloody laughed at me. Are you serious? Why are they even my mates?

"Come on." Peggy put her hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, you know what? I think I've left the oven on. What a shame, I should probably run home and check." This rarely works... but it might make her laugh enough to leave me alone.

"I'll be quick," Peggy said.

"You know what else? I think I left the window open too. What if it rains and the house floods?"

Peggy just stared at me in disapproval. I don't think it's working. Oh well, it was worth a try.

"Fine." I dragged myself out of my chair. I hope Max writes a nice speech for my funeral.

"Don't yell at her too much," Max shouted.

"I'll try my best." Peggy replied.

She took me to her classroom and shut the door, making her way over to her desk. Damn, she even kicked all the kids out. She must be mad mad.

"You've been avoiding me." Peggy crossed her arms as she leant against the edge.

"I haven't been avoiding you, I've just been... on the move." I forced a smile, attempting to look innocent.

"Mhm." She muttered.

I rocked back and forth awkwardly with my hands in my pockets.

"It's not fair you know." She said, arms still crossed.