33. No Going Back

I woke up to the obnoxious sound of my phone ringing. Who is calling me this early... 

Oh, it's 3 in the afternoon... 

Well, that's still too early for me. At least I know it's not Peggy.

Fuck, Peggy. I completely forgot about that. Maybe Max will have something interesting to say seeing as she's the one that's currently ringing me.

I picked up the phone to an overly excited Max.

"You never told me you had a free house!" She squealed.

"How on earth did you find out about that?" 

"I'm friends with your mum on Facebook."

"Right..." I'm glad I'm not on there...

"Anyway, I'm coming over so get dressed."

"Okay but..."

And she's gone. 

Great, just when I thought I had the house to myself.

I may as well get dressed then, I can't be looking like I've just had my heart broken again or I'll have to explain what happened.

About 20 minutes later I was ready for visitors, I started to clean up a bit when the doorbell rang. 

Still a tad startled by her presence, I walked over to the front door, letting let Max in.

"Long time no see." I smiled, closing the door behind her.

Max's face turned from excited to concerned almost instantly, "What happened?" 

"What do you mean?" She can't possibly have known that quickly...

"You look like someone has just run your dog over."

"He's fine, he's with my mum?"

Max shook her head, "Gray, spill. What happened?"

I sighed, we haven't even made it in the living room yet, "Fine, come in and I'll tell you."

Max made her way into the house and sat down on the couch, waiting patiently for my reply, "So?" She said.

"Peggy happened..." I said sheepishly.

"PEGGY? AS IN MISS LOIS PEGGY?" She almost screamed. 

"Yes." 

Max looked like her eyes were about to pop out of her head, "TELL ME EVERYTHING!" She exclaimed.

"Well, she sort of pulled the same shit you did and came over."

"No fucking way." 

"Yes fucking way. Anyway, she gets here and we hang out for a bit and then she gets a phone call..."

"Hold on, you're telling me, you just 'Hung out?' I don't believe you." She interrupted.

"Well, some stuff happened in between but that's not the point."

"What sort of stuff?" Max said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"You know what sort of stuff," I said, glaring at her.

"I see, so you did some things, then what happened?" 

"Well, she got a phone call."

"Tell me you listened in to what she was talking about," Max said, getting more curious by the second.

"It was a bit hard not to seeing as she was basically shouting down the phone."

Max's face fell, "Oh no... What was she saying?"