18. End Of The World

Wow, we made it a quarter of the way through the year and it's Thursday again. I arrived at school early for once so I decided to wait outside for Peggy to pull up.

I was only there for about 3 minutes when she did. I walked over to her open window, resting my arm on the top of the door, leaning into her window.

"Do you know why I've stopped you today ma'am?" I said, trying to stay serious.

"I'm not sure, why don't you tell me." She replied, going along with it.

I sighed, "You've committed a serious offence ma'am, I'm afraid there'll be major consequences for your actions."

"Oh really? What was the offence?" She smirked.

"Well, I'm not sure if you're aware, but it's illegal to drive while looking so sexy. You'll cause an accident." I said, keeping a straight face.

Peggy blushed, "My apologies, I wasn't aware of that. What are you gonna do about it?"

"I may just have to take you home with me." I sighed again.

"Oh no, what a shame." She smirked.

I looked around to see if anyone was about and kissed her.

"You are something else." She smiled.

"Come on Pegs let's go in before you get a full record." I wiggled my eyebrows, earning a chuckle from Peggy.

She rolled up the window and finally got out of the car, "Come on then gorgeous."

"Lead the way, my love." I gestured for her to go first.

We reached the staff door and I said goodbye to Peggy. I'll probably go see her at lunch or something.

The bell was about to ring so I made my way to class. I'd only managed to get about halfway before bumping into Miss Earnaline.

Great, this is just what I needed...

"Careful gorgeous." She hissed, mimicking Peggy. The words were like poison on her tongue.

Was she hiding around the fucking corner or something?

"Hey, you should ask your girlfriend what she's planning on doing later this year." She grinned before walking off.

What is she talking about? First of all, Peggy is not my girlfriend... Also, what on earth is she on about?

I walked into class, still trying to wrap my head around what happened. I didn't bother paying any attention, I'm way too confused to learn anything right now.

Eventually, lunch came around and I went on the hunt for Peggy, she wasn't in her office so I looked around the whole school. For some reason, I couldn't locate her whereabouts for the life of me.

I'll just have to ask her after class or something.

I entered the lunchroom and sat down next to Max.

"Hey, are you alright? You look like you've got ahold of the nuclear codes." She said.

"Yeah, I'm good. Hey uh, do you know who Miss Earnaline is?" I asked.

"Ugh that one, yeah I know who she is... Why, has she been giving you trouble?" Max said.

Am I the only one who doesn't know who this woman is?

"Yeah, something like that," I replied, zoning out again.

The bell rang for our last lesson and headed to History. Oddly enough, the door was already open so we just walked in and sat down.